PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training.

Ringway
23rd Mar 2008, 00:14
Hi all, I am currently looking for a flight training school and wanted to hear from anybody who could point me in the right direction. Has anybody got any views on Air Atlantic in Coventry or any other schools to be recommended. I have zero flying experience and at the start of the journey! Any views/tips will be greatly appreciated.:ok:

preduk
23rd Mar 2008, 00:28
I would recommend you pay a visit to your local flying club and see how you get on with some trial lessons. Believe it or not, some people hate flying when they get up in the air!

There was a post here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91208 about Atlantic.

Founder
23rd Mar 2008, 08:32
Randhem Flight Academy, www.randhem.com

They offer you training all the way from zero to airline...

dynamicdan
14th May 2008, 21:30
For gods sake don't touch Atlantic in Coventry with a bargepole! They are the most arrogant unsupportive unprofessional lot under the sun. I could tell you a lot of stories! I switched from them to Oxford ages ago and it was the best move that I ever made - despite the addtional costs!

daria-ox
14th May 2008, 21:34
About Atlantic in Coventry.. I visited them.. They really seem to be arogant :uhoh: Just visit local flying school. I have also visited the Tayside Aviation ( that's in Scotland ;)) and to be honest I have to say.. there are really nice people there!! Im just about to start my PPL in the next two weeks, I will be doing all the theory exams first and then start to fly. Well the only advice I can give you is to visit few flying schools and go to the one which in your opinion is the best. That's what I've done even though it took me sometime but Im sure I won't regret my decision :cool:

Good luck! :ok:

mason
15th May 2008, 06:46
AEROS Gloucestershire ,OAT ,Airways Exeter ,P.A.T Bournemouth

These are the best modular schools in the UK i can think of.

bajadj
15th May 2008, 09:37
OAT or OAA now is NOT a good modular school, it is a well respected integrated school. It is a rip off second rate modular school........just imo.

bajadj
15th May 2008, 09:40
to be more positive(!!) I'm making the post groundschool switch from OAA to the flight centre at halfpenny green (wolverhampton) new twinstars and half the price of OAA.