PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Gatwick - Paphos August 2008

Michael111
20th Mar 2008, 20:22
Hi

After many years of flying this route with GB Airlines (flying as a BA service and booked on the BA website) I was wondering what the service will be like this year as I am going with BA mainline in August. As I live in Jersey it is important for me to travel with one airline and on one ticket rather then swapping airlines at LGW (even if the cost is lower (which in this case it is not))

I am curious to know what catering (GB were always excellent) and what In Flight Entertainment is provided by BA (B737-400), previous experience with BA from LGW around Europe is that the IFE is restricted to High/Business life magazine and the all day delli as far as catering is concerned. Are they refining this on the LGW-PFO route or do I need to take food and the portable DVD player for the kids?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Michael

Musket90
20th Mar 2008, 20:41
I stand corrected but does a B737-400 have the range for LGW-PFO, would it not be B737-300 ?

Glamgirl
21st Mar 2008, 18:35
Hi there,

We (as crew) aren't sure just yet whether the Paphos will go on the A319 or the B737-400... However, as we've only got one Airbus at the moment, it is quite likely it'll go on the 737.

Catering wise... (EuroTraveller) Sorry to disappoint you there, but it'll be like the other (long-ish) short haul flights from LGW, a lovely white bag with a wrap, salad, mixed fruit bag and a fruit cake. You'll be offered drinks too of course (don't forget to ask for a cuppa at the same time if you want one).

If you're travelling ClubEurope, you'll get the usual offerings, like hot towels, drinks, choice of two hot entrees (a menu should be offered), wine with the meal and tea/coffee with liqueurs if you so wish.

IFE will be non-existent, I'm afraid, regardless which aircraft it goes on, so if you're travelling with kids, please do bring the dvd-player. If your player can take enough headphones for all your kids, even better, as it's nothing worse sitting in front of or behind a loud movie you can't watch.

The crew will be going for a night stop, so we'll all be happy and cheerful (i sincerely hope). Most of us are up for a laugh, so you could call us the IFE as such.

Hope you enjoy Paphos, I'm quite looking forward to this destination. Maybe I'll even be operating your flight? We'll have a laugh if I do, I'm sure.

Hope this helps

Gg

phreegreens
23rd Mar 2008, 17:13
Shocker of a route in terms of timing

BA2868 LGW-PFO Dep: 20:30 Arr: 03:00+1
BA2867 PFO-LGW Dep: 03:50 Arr: 06:35

Who would want to start or finish their holiday with that.

Wycombe
23rd Mar 2008, 19:57
Pretty sure BA used to operate LGW-TLV on the 734, so one would have thought PFO would be viable.

Hotel Mode
25th Mar 2008, 13:00
LGW - TLV was on an ex Dan air 734, th BA -436s do not have the range.

Glamgirl
26th Mar 2008, 19:49
We used to do Tripoli on the 436 from LGW, so Paphos shouldn't be that difficult, really. Latest rumour is that we'll have to go with 30 empty seats due to weight restrictions, so at least should be spacious...

Gg