View Full Version : McCain - should we be scared?

Beatriz Fontana
20th Mar 2008, 11:13
I saw this gem on the television yesterday. McCain was visiting Iraq - before coming the UK to visit Gordon (odd visit), when McCain was talking about AQ:

"It's common knowledge and has been reported in the media that Al-Qaeda is going back into Iran and receiving training and are coming back into Iraq. That's well known," the Vietnam war veteran said.
Pressed by reporters about his allegations, McCain said: "We continue to be concerned about the Iranians taking Al-Qaeda into Iran and training them and sending them back."
It was only after fellow Senator Joe Lieberman, who was traveling with him, whispered into his ear that McCain corrected himself.
"I am sorry, the Iranians are training extremists, not Al-Qaeda, not Al-Qaeda, I am sorry," McCain said.

This from the same man who last year publicly sang a Beach Boys song using the words "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran"...

Should we be scared?

Basil
20th Mar 2008, 11:44
Should we be scared?
By US ignorance of international affairs?
You bet we should!

Dushan
20th Mar 2008, 12:16
Corrected himself:
"Iranians are training extremists, not Al-Qaeda, not Al-Qaeda"

So the next Republican President of United States doesn't think Al-Qaeda are extremists and takes cues from a Democrat Senator?

Yes we should be very afraid....