PDA

View Full Version : red arrows

creamegg
19th Mar 2008, 18:11
Just wanted to say how fab it is to see the Red Arrows everyday, they train every day over lincoln and today they were using their colours as well, very talented individuals, well actually all pilots are. :)

Its no wonder there are so many accidents, everyone looks at them instead of road! :eek:

selfloadingcargo
20th Mar 2008, 14:19
...enjoy 'em while you can - they're an endangered species. Seems the Government think the £5-6 million they cost is a waste of money.

Commercial organisations seem to disagree, as they are happy to sponsor the cost of most of the overseas displays. Maybe they know something the government doesn't (not hard, I grant you).

Someone needs to have a quiet word about value for money, goodwill, recruitment etc....actually someone needs to have a very LOUD word about it....

Pax Vobiscum
20th Mar 2008, 16:32
Of course, they're terrific value for money - just not in a way that the beancounters can measure.

I hope that the threat of their disappearance is just a false alarm. The trouble is that, faced with cuts in the RAF budget, their Airships always wheel out the Reds as first in line for the chop, in the hope that this will scare off the Treasury (we've seen the same trick recently with science cut-backs and Jodrell Bank). It's always worked up to now, but with the present bunch of incompetent boobies running the country, I wouldn't bet my house on it working again.

[Are you sure this is in the correct forum ? :)]

kemblejet01
20th Mar 2008, 19:11
not as good looking as in my day!