PDA

View Full Version : PPL exam venues

Lost in Cloud
19th Mar 2008, 15:10
Hi all, I just wanted your opinion as to whether this seems right...

I want to sit my PPL exams first before completing the flying side of things (I only have a few hours to do as i am an gliding instructor with the air cadets on the vigilant). However every school I have contacted, 3 around the North West, have said that I have to be a member with them to sit the exams with them. Most have an initial joining fee and then a yearly membership fee. The problem is that I have not yet decided which training school to use for my flying training and I am ready to sit the exams now. I do not want to pay out the membership fee just to sit the exams with a particular school.

Has anyone else had any experiance of this? Know anywhere, preferably NW, that you do not need to be a memeber to sit the exams? Roughly how much should I expect to pay to sit each exam?

Any info would be appreciated

BounceBounceLand
19th Mar 2008, 16:01
Just keep shopping around.... my VGS shares airfield with a Flying Club who give us the exams at £10 a go, and we can fly there without membership. I'm sure somewhere you can get them done. Failing that I would wait until you're doing the flight training.

Leeds1972
19th Mar 2008, 16:29
I know its not NW, but multiflight in Leeds dont have any joining fee and charge £22 per exam..
Best of luck