PDA

View Full Version : Redundancies Aviance GLA

groundrat
19th Mar 2008, 11:49
Seems that the inevitable has happened at Aviance GLA:With the loss of so much work,obviously there is the wielding of the axe.Letters going out to staff this week.My source says 20-30 jobs going through all departments(Ramp and Baggage hall losing most,Ops and Pax services losing a few full-timers also)Its a shame but not surprising after losing FCA,Virgin and US(???)!Could get worse depending on what's going on with this BMI Baby/Flyglobespan rumour i guess.Hard times ahead for Aviance.

Good luck to everyone in finding alternative employment.

Ground1
19th Mar 2008, 15:28
Ive heard they are offering redundancy to 22 ramp, 10 baggage hall but no passenger services agents at the moment. Its a sad day when anyone gets paid off, but im sure other handling agents will require staff with the gain of new business.

ggspn
19th Mar 2008, 19:37
They're work load will still be near enough the same for the summer season as it's current winter season. So why is it they need to lay people off?

groundrat
19th Mar 2008, 20:15
God knows-i was told that it was due to "over-staffing"!!That's a larf!Don't know what's really behind it all but am convinced that it's not just another rumour,unfortunately.Only time will tell.

DAVYDAY
1st Apr 2008, 19:17
Well they may not be posting any more.

Today (and this is not an April fool) aviance sent letters at GLA, to all staff informing them there will be redundancies in all departments.

They did bite off more than they could chew..
I for one will not shed a tear as thay have had it coming for years.

Old equipment,poor station management and staff that wander around and load us up when they feel like it.

The writtings on the wall for them I`m sorry to say.
In the last month we have taken at least 16 delays.

Time to bow out Chaps.:confused:

DAVYDAY
13th Apr 2008, 20:04
Well my dispatcher today tells me aviance have sent letters to

22 Ramp (including old hands)
08 Bag Hall sorting
01 Passenger Supervisor
01 Senior Ops controller
08 Passenger service agents
have all got letters,next will be
04 various Admin and Managers

Staff are talking of sit ins oh dear

and to top it Servisair are balloting for strike action on pay deal at GLA.

What a bloody mess:\

Gerry Alba
17th Apr 2008, 10:40
Well anyone that knows me will know I used to work for aviance/MAS a long time ago.
I was not surprised when I heard this news,been a long time coming.

I hope the staff get sorted with new employment alright,good bunch of lads and have held it together.

I don`t have the same respect for the directors though.(enough said)

well good luck!