PDA

View Full Version : Servisair Open Day (Manchester)

G-STAW
18th Mar 2008, 19:17
Hi Everyone, (first post on here)

i got a call today regarding a ramp postion with servisair at manchester ringway. i want to be anairline pilot so i want to get experience airside. Can anyone tell me whats it like to work for servisair, curret pay, working conditions etc...

thankyou,
scott

GRIZZLER
18th Mar 2008, 19:39
not sure if anybody can tell you what it is like working for servisair as all the stations work different...so are the wages.....london waiting ect....if you work near there....at least thats how it seems to me......

the only things that are the same are the GRIZZLES and gripes.

the way things are with servisair at the moment, i would try and find another job ready as a back up to move into....because you might be made redundant before you get your airport id sorted out....all the best

G-STAW
18th Mar 2008, 20:42
cheers grizzler, dont sound too good, i have another job lined up at MAN aswell, but its in on ramp, but cleaning a/c :uhoh:

G-STAW

Dropline
18th Mar 2008, 21:18
Don't touch them with a barge pole. They treat their staff like crap.

G-STAW
18th Mar 2008, 21:40
you work for them, surely it cant be that bad?

Goldilocks95
19th Mar 2008, 10:21
i work for servisair as well in brs bt im on the check in side of things. yes staff morall is mostly quite low, and turnover is quite high but ive found if your working with a good team and just like any workplace youve got friends around you then you will generally be happy. Im happy-ivebeen here almost 3 years....bt i am always on the look out for something better.

Pay-well lets just say it aint great-especially when you consider the early starts and late finishes....your talking about £900 a month im guessing for you. prob be lower then that actually around £800.

Training was good-took us around 3 weeks,i think its the same for the rampies and the trainers were very helpful. if you were to stay for over a yearyou could find yourself back in the training room doing a NVQ if you wanted to! Dunno what else to say - working conditions-jin the union-i think almost all the ramp guys here are in the union and theyve got agreat staff room and it all seems to be a lot better then our side of things!!! Obviously if you started you would get a niform and all the safety gear....just make sure you use it-bt its all commen sense really!

If you have a read around the site im sure you will come across post after post after post of info about the circus and how many people dislike it. Theres talk of reduncies at the moment in lgw. ABZ and STN have suffered bt i havnt heard anything about MAN.

When it comes down to it-I find the Servisair is a starting point in a career and if you dont like it, then you just have to move on from it-each to their own!!!

Hope that helps things for you!

Doctor Cruces
19th Mar 2008, 11:02
Servisair was always the place where people got trained, and then moved on to better company, better pay, better prospects etc.

Doc C

Dropline
19th Mar 2008, 13:49
G-STAW

No it's not that bad. I had just read about redundancies at LGW on here when I posted on your thread, so I wasn't in the best frame of mind. You expect to find out that sort of thing from your management NOT posted on a public forum!!! Management aside, life at Servisair isn't as bad as some threads on this forum make out!

I love my job, I work with some great people, and Servisair pay me more than any other handling agent at LGW would. As you just want a way to get some experience airside, it is probably good move for you.

Good Luck!

G-STAW
19th Mar 2008, 14:20
cheers for the advice guys, much appriciated, keeping an open mind at the moment. might have a look at swissport.

should be going to an open day an MAN soon,

cheers guys

G-STAW

G-STAW
20th Mar 2008, 16:09
just got back from the so called "open day", that guys representing SA went at 12pm, its suppose to finish at 3pm, what the....!!!!

they dont seem very professional, still looking......

G-STAW