PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment for China

goosensheep
18th Mar 2008, 13:42
Sorry if this has been posted before. I tried to do a search.
Anyone knows how the chinese carriers are recruiting F/O's? Only local or expat too? if yes which agencies?
Having heard about the shortage of pilots in China I just wondered why i can't find any airliners searching for F/O's. presumably because they don't need F/O's but just wanted to know for sure

CaptainProp
18th Mar 2008, 17:37
How many hours do you have? Rating (-s)?

Feel free to PM me....

CP

margy
18th Mar 2008, 19:14
Hello, I would like to know too!!! Any chance to find a 1st officer job in China with a 320 rating (0 hrs on type), and 1500 hrs total time (a large part as a FI)!!! Thanks a lot for your help.:ok:

knee how
19th Mar 2008, 00:08
Hello, I would like to know too!!! Any chance to find a 1st officer job in China with a 320 rating (0 hrs on type), and 1500 hrs total time (a large part as a FI)!!! Thanks a lot for your help.:ok:

From what I've heard, currently zero chance for an FO in China with little or no experience, but .... there are heaps of flight instructor jobs :ok:

Roger Mellie
19th Mar 2008, 00:56
I've been looking into this for a while as well, but still not having any luck. I know of a guy who got a job on an A320 with only a rating, so it possible (prob more who you know, than what).

I'm looking for something on a 737, but info is hard to come by, someone must have a little inside goss?

2000TT all the 737TRs and not a Chinese national - got to be something out there, surely

(sorry goosensheep, not trying to hijack your thread, just in the same boat and looking for info too)

Ndicho Moja
19th Mar 2008, 01:03
Great Wall are looking for both seats.

ddy
19th Mar 2008, 01:04
You looking for 737 F/O or Capt position?

Roger Mellie
19th Mar 2008, 01:31
No time on type, so F/O for me. Looks like we're all in a similar situation really

margy
19th Mar 2008, 09:48
I know, China needs FI! But I prefer to go to china to fly an A320 with my fresh type rating....And I think ther're currently better jobs as FI in the middle east! ;)

E145Captain
19th Mar 2008, 12:54
With a 320 rating you can try Air Macau. Situation looks like a bit strange there, but you can get some experience and go for the next one.

margy
19th Mar 2008, 18:47
Thanks a lot E145 Captain for your information! Everybody says to me "Air Macau is strange there", I'm wondering why? So let's go.... I will try.:ok:

E145Captain
21st Mar 2008, 05:04
You can see the Air Macau situation by the posts you find here - that's all I know, since I don't work there. But I think that if you go just to get some experience it might be a good opportunity. Someone working for Air Macau can give you more details.

Just take care if they ask you for some training bond.

Cheers.

Anonymus6
21st Mar 2008, 06:49
If the airline is owned by the state they will only hire expat captains,,NO FO, only chinese. If the airine is private, then you will have a chance to get a job if you have close to 2000 hours and some turbin multi time (500).

Otherwise NO CHANCE,,,,,:=

margy
21st Mar 2008, 08:54
Thanks evrybody for these informations! So, wait and see..

purple head
23rd Mar 2008, 05:47
As a foreign FO flying for one of the private carriers in China, you can ignore most things wrote on pprune as they are not true. In my company we have 2 foreign FO now. we had 8 but 6 guys from HK got type ratings and left and messed things up for everybody else as the company (probably)wont take any more- no new ones for over a year. I have also seen a foreign FO flying a CRJ (forget the company)and spoke to him, he said he was ex panam flight school instructor and his company had 2 FO's. he thought they would not take any more. I have heared a rumor that my company will take another foreign FO, but he will pay his own type rating, his own high performance training (20 hours in a Y-7, or Citation or some other aircraft i forget the name) and he has signed a 12 year contract, not sure how much truth is in that or not. So there are foreign FO's flying in China, about 4 of us, and i had 300 hours when i got the job. But it took me two years before i actually started flying, and now i have to speak chinese when i fly or i can only fly with 5 captains who have good enough english, so my flight hours would be limited. So there is a short summary of the truth regarding foreign FO's in China.

Gooneybird
23rd Mar 2008, 05:58
purple head do you think a certain level of Mandarin would improve the chances of someone with previous turbine command experience?
What is F/O pay like?

Anonymus6
23rd Mar 2008, 06:15
Ok, Purple Head,, did you mention there are only 4 foreign First Officers in China.:=

I belive there are more than that

purple head
24th Mar 2008, 08:08
Gooneybird , if you can speak chinese it will help i think, but actually on my licence there is a restriction saying it can not be used when i fly, and i dont know of any test that can be taken to get this restriction removed.however like i said my airline are making me learn. i knowa "chinese" person, but born over seas (ie a foreigner), who does not have this restriction, but then again he speaks perfect chinese. But the chinese speaking is not the big problem, its the attitude to actually recruiting foreign FO's as companies have had there fingers burnt, and in turn so have the foreign FO's by the companies.
FO pay is not good, about 25,000 RMB / month, if fly max hours, but then again living is cheap so you can have a good life, providing you dont need send any money back home if you used a big bank loan to help finance your CPL & IR training.

Anonymus6, i now only know of 4, two left in my comapny (used to be 8), and two in another flying the CRJ's, there maybe more, such as at Jade cargo, but i'm not 100% sure, i know shenzhen dont have any more, as the CAAC basically got rid of them.
If you know of any other FO's, dont just waggle you finger, say where they are so people can get the whole picture or say why you think there are more? your answers dont really help too much as to approx how many FO's are in China. are you in China? you can private me if you like.

JSF1
24th Mar 2008, 12:43
Heard an Aussie on the radio today at Beijing for Hainan Airlines. Go figure

King Air
24th Mar 2008, 16:09
there're around 8 ~10 FO's from hk and macau working for Donghai airlines at shenzhen. 1 FO from Hong Kong working with shenzhen airlines too.

purple head
25th Mar 2008, 11:34
yeah i know the guys from HK, we did our chinese CPL and IR at CAFUC together, just i did not really count them as "foreign"
Hainan i think has some foreign captains, but certainly not FO's.

knee how
25th Mar 2008, 15:23
yeah i know the guys from HK, we did our chinese CPL and IR at CAFUC together, just i did not really count them as "foreign"

Purple head, what sort of hours did you have before joining an airline in China as F/O? Did you have a lot of time on type? And where is CAFUC?

Blown Seal
25th Mar 2008, 15:48
JSF 1

The Aussie voice you heard using a Hainan callsign would actually have been a Hong Kong Airlines (a Hainan subsidiary) wet lease for HU.

Regards

BS

co-joe
25th Mar 2008, 17:48
there're around 8 ~10 FO's from hk and macau working for Donghai airlines at shenzhen. 1 FO from Hong Kong working with shenzhen airlines too.There are many FOs from HK and Macau who are working for Donghai and other Chinese airlines as well, but technically they are still from China. The companies might call them international or foreign pilots but in actuality they really are Chinese. I personally wouldn't include them in the count for foreign FOs as they all have the special talent of speaking Chinese. This is definitely a bonus skill to have when seeking employment with a Chinese airline. DeerJet has a couple of foreign FO kiwis ex-instructors from PanAm flying biz jets. Lots of foreign instructors needed at PanAm and also a flight school in Binzhou near Qingdao I think.

About 70% stake in Hong Kong Airlines (formerly known as CR Airways) is purchased by the state-run parent company of Hainan Airlines. HK airlines has many foreign Captains.

CAFUC - Civil Aviation Flight University of China; largest flight school in the world, located in a small town in the middle of no where in Guanghan, Sichuan near Chengdu.

purple head
26th Mar 2008, 02:26
less than 300 hours total time, straight from flight school, but its a case of right (or wrong depending on how you look at it) place at the right time. it would not happen like this at my company now.

EPASZ
26th Mar 2008, 09:41
Is that you Beckham? :P

purple head
27th Mar 2008, 09:15
haha, it that you Crazy "T" debbi is hot, your an idiot!! :-P

tntmk
3rd Feb 2009, 17:26
anybody have any info about hiring expat CFI for Civil Aviation Flight University of China? (Welcome to Civil Aviation Flight University of China (http://218.6.160.247/))

purple head
4th Feb 2009, 02:02
when i was there a year ago there was no foreign instructors, i heard they had one guy a few years ago, but things did not work out and they got rid of him. (Only one ATC guy speaks English, most of the flight instructors there don't speak English) I'd be supprised if they took any new foreign flight instructors.

kazaf911
4th Feb 2009, 04:45
I am from Hong Kong with CPL/IR and abt 280TT, i can speak english, mandarin and cantonese.....

current finding very hard to find any jobs in Oz and asia pacific, do i have any chance to get into any airlines in china?

purple head
4th Feb 2009, 13:23
Try the cargo airline in Shenzhen, Dong Hai Airline they took HK pilots with the same hours as you a year or so ago. They fly 737 EFIS or classic, i forget.

King Air
4th Feb 2009, 13:48
Try to avoid donghai airlines:confused::confused:

mingalababya
4th Feb 2009, 15:44
anybody have any info about hiring expat CFI for Civil Aviation Flight University of China? (Welcome to Civil Aviation Flight University of China (http://218.6.160.247/))

I spoke to them in January ... they're not hiring any foreign instructors at the moment.

kazaf911
5th Feb 2009, 00:33
How do I contact the airlines in Shen Zhen???
I can't see any HR contact details on the website........
Do I have to go there or find some agents?