PDA

View Full Version : Time for Travel?

elipasquali
18th Mar 2008, 03:50
I am currently a student at Selkirk College in Castlegar BC Canada. I'm just finishing my Commercial Lisence as well as Multi-IFR, and an aviation diploma. I would love to get a job in Namibia or Botswana flying in a small cessna out of school. I'll have 250hrs. I'm willing to travel down there to apply for work but was wondering about the best times to go down. I know most of the hiring is done around Jan-Feb, the problem is, is that the program finishes in June and I would like to seek employment as close to then as possible,

I've searched the forum and found that many of the posts regarding work in namibia and botswana to be rather dated.

If anybody could shed some light on how to go about getting a job down there, or times to go, that would be stellar.

razorback
18th Mar 2008, 22:25
Lots of posts on this topic, just search a bit further, not much has changed. Hiring going on all throughout the year. Winter (June/July) is a good time to go because it is busy season in Namibia, not as hot as summer. Best is to just go there, hang around Eros airport in Windhoek, meet some guys, drop CV's. Talk to Sefofane, Desert Air, Scenic Air, Pleasure Flights etc etc. Many operators, lots of C210's. If you can arrive there with a C210 rating with 250 hours TT you are likely to get hired. In Botswana, Maun, there is also Sefofane, but arrive there with a C206 rating, the preferred type. I would go for Namibia first, lots of hours, and it will be the best time of your life, once you look back one day. Good luck.

bosbok
19th Mar 2008, 14:03
How ironic... I would love to get a job in CANADA!! :E