PDA

View Full Version : Atr 72-500

Avionics2
17th Mar 2008, 18:29
jus saw PrecisionAir's new bird[ATR72-500] :Dlooks good,hope it stays that way.:hmm:

spearomic
18th Mar 2008, 07:05
Hi,

Why would you say that ? I'm suppose to start flying for them on the 72-500 next month, I don't know much about them.
From what I heard they seems to be pretty decent. Unless you tell me otherwise...:uhoh:

Avionics2
18th Mar 2008, 10:03
that depends...whether you'll be on the left or right seat:E....

spearomic
18th Mar 2008, 13:43
Right seat mate:rolleyes:

NoMore206Pilot
18th Mar 2008, 19:18
Throw away any books you may have concerning standart SOP's or good airmanship for that matter ...
You wont be needing them anymore:}

Keep em up there,

NoMore206Pilot

spearomic
18th Mar 2008, 21:20
Did you actually fly for them ?

lowbypass
20th Mar 2008, 09:49
One thing I can tell you in Precission there is now a "new" generation of training captains, which means
there will be an upgrade from F/O to Captain once you reach a required time on type.
Not like when upgrade to Captain depended on how you look, smell, walk or where you drink.
Prove yourself in Sim and you get the Left seat.
It is happening.
Go for it bud.

:ok:

406pilot
20th Mar 2008, 19:24
holla,

no who is this man..."no more 206pilot" can only be the guy from arusha tht walks on his toes..another benz lover,

be original for once shorty,

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

lowbypass
23rd Mar 2008, 04:48
Que pasa!
How about "no more seneca 1 pilot"
Sticking to the original thread, I would like to know what ground speed the 72-500 does at FL 240 at nearly max take off wt with "no wind"...

B737 lover
23rd Mar 2008, 09:34
406 pilot please leave my brother "no more 206 pilot" alone.
Back to the thread, Spearomic, i don't think that you will start flying the ATR 72-500 straight away, they will make you fly ATR 42 for some time before upgrading even though the initial training will be for both.

406pilot
23rd Mar 2008, 12:44
holla,

u mean i should leave ur fellow benz lover alone sio? i heard u added another one to ur fleet..

for lowbybass: buddy dont worry about the speed, we will fly more Quietly then them..and once they are used to the Q-comfort, we will add the 400's and watch them fly backwards..

only in precision will u face such complications as upgrade to the atr72 or upgrade to the -500..i wonder why airbus introduce CCQ (cross crew qualification) they probably didnt know how "tanzania's finest" operate

BTW did anyone read yesterdays guardian? there was an article about airbus putting a manufacturing plant in tanzania....and no it wasnt in the humour section..

no more 406pilot

Soap Box Cowboy
24th Mar 2008, 17:44
Right I guess I should take the title of "No more 208 pilot" before someone else does. :}

flux
24th Mar 2008, 18:20
Jeez!! Who Has The Longest Wee Wee

NoMore206Pilot
24th Mar 2008, 21:04
I do, but after a near mid-air with a certain company's ATR I must admit that it became rather small rather quickly:}

Keep them up there,

NoMore206Pilot

Soap Box Cowboy
24th Mar 2008, 22:37
I do, I do, I do, I do

:}

spearomic
25th Mar 2008, 02:46
Actually (737 lovers),

I'll be flying the 72 directly coz it is the only one I've been flying since.
I don't know how u did with ure negociations, but they were very understanding and they gave me a decent salary as well.
I should start next month once my contract in my current airline is finishing.
I will come with an other pilot from my current airline.

B737 lover
29th Mar 2008, 15:49
406 pilot, i just found out that ''No more 206 pilot'' is not my brother ''benz lover'' we all thought he is, you better investigate as usual.
Spearomic goodluck with your ATR 72-500, what i can promise you is that you will enjoy Tanzania, but i can't say much about precisionair simply because i'm not working for them.
Cheers!

406pilot
31st Mar 2008, 17:46
holla,

who the hell cares who he is dude, the guy needs to get some style of his own, 406pilot is not wht he is today by copying someone's style.. if u wanna be the tip of the sword u gotta be original.

spearomic u will be very lucky to get any info from actual people who fly for pw cause they either are not computer literate or are too busy flying beyond their duty time (no offence cowboy), but i can promise you will fly the machine like its never been flown before,those atr's are normally used to race against the 737 and sometimes with some funny controllers even win, in other words they fly the atr close to 0.74 mach..yeah i know u think its not possible then again ever wonder why the impala on the tail is running in the opposite direction to the aircrafts flightpath ?

no more 406pilot

spearomic
1st Apr 2008, 12:56
It is true what you said about duty times, looks like I'm gonna be used to 120hrs a month, that's what they told me upfront... But if I get the money for it at least there is a positive point... :E
but I ain't got anything else right now so I'd rather fly more than what I'm suppose to than not flying at all :ugh:

no more DHC6 pilot :8

406pilot
1st Apr 2008, 15:39
holla,

this "no more" fever is catching up fast hey? hey spearomic you shouldn't have given up the de havilland flag that easily to the europeans..air tanzania will soon start to operate the q300's...oh well hope you enjoy the country and the controllers.

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
3rd Apr 2008, 07:33
Spearomic, 120 hours??? it sounds to me like you will be sick for at least one week per every month, the reality is get ready to do at least 150 hrs a month and yes they will pay you for it with no doubt.
406pilot you are really something bro, the Impala running in the opposite direction of the flightpath at mach 0.74, i never thought of that, but all in all, that's a good one Buddy. I will always read that email when i need to laugh. Cheers!
B737 lover.

spearomic
3rd Apr 2008, 17:32
Woao 150 ? ? ? What are the most hours you did in one month record (of course without loging it :8)
Bring it on lol