PDA

View Full Version : how too use7study BGS Q bank...ATPL exam

brs
15th Mar 2008, 20:01
Hi there

Finally i have read alle my module one books and is now ready too use the Q bank from BGs as an add too my books and for the exam...

How have you all used the Q bank from bristol....do you just read all the Q from the beginning too the end...

i ask because in the PPL confuser it was easier too study the Q since they where in a book where you always know what Q that was next... but in the BGS Q bank you never know what Q you get and therefor I think it is more difficult too study and remember the Q...

forexampel in MET there is almost 1000 Q and too know all those Q is a true nigthmare...good I am glad that I have studyet the books very good

Any good ideas or inputs..

best regards

brs

Whirlygig
15th Mar 2008, 20:09
A few of the questions are repeated in a different wording and sometimes repeated word for word so that 1,000 Met questions might only be 900! Then, where questions are numerical or computational, the method is being tested so those questions are also, in effect, repeats.

With BGS, you can start at the beginning and work through a number at a time, you can take random tests or tests using a keyword.

I worked through them all systematically and then took random mock tests - worked for me so far!!!

Cheers

Whirls

brs
15th Mar 2008, 22:40
how is it possible to take the Q systematically when they all come in an random order....

because if i take 100 Q on the first day it is 99% not the same Q the next day which is a shame since many students,I guess, still wnat too do excercice on the first 100 Q from the first day???

whirlgi say:
With BGS, you can start at the beginning and work through a number at a time,...............how is that possible....

brs

Whirlygig
16th Mar 2008, 00:18
Look at the options :ugh:

1. Pick your exam type; presumably ATPL(A)
2. Pick your subject
3. Choose 3rd option - sequential set of questions starting at ...
4. Do 50 at a time and keep a note of where you've got up to.

And the Marquis of Salisbury is my mother's brother!!! :ugh:

Cheers

Whirls

brs
16th Mar 2008, 09:32
too:Whirlygig (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=65159)

but whem i have choosed all of the Q dosent the program choose af random mode so it chnages al the Q each time??

brs

coodem
16th Mar 2008, 11:14
Follow these steps
1. Log onto bristol
2. Click "OK" to accept the message
3. Click on "ATPL" aeroplane or what ever you may be doing
4. Choose your subect, ie Met
5. Now you get 3 options, you want to choose tw 3rd, "Click here to take a sequential set of questions by entering a starting question point. (http://www.atponline.gs/jalo/4search.asp?exTitle=ATPL%28A%29&exAmt=&exStart=&exSect=21&exSubj=Aircraft%20General%20Knowledge%20-%20Airframes%20%26%20Systems%2C%20Electrics%20%26%20Powerpla nt&exSrch=&exField=application_ATPLA&exMock=76&exRand=&exType=2)"
6. Just leave the box blank and click "Continue"
7. Now you get options on where you want to start, so leave it at 0, and select 50 or 100, or all the questions, DO NOT CHECK RHE RANDOM ORDER BOX., Click on "Continue"
8. Next time you come back, say after 50 questions, you start at 50, select another 50 questions from the drop down.

This will bring all the questions in order, so if you follow that sequence, you will get to see all the questions on the bank, and end up with a better chance

brs
16th Mar 2008, 12:22
perfect Coodem

thanks mate

Hope that the Q bank is enough to pass the HPL and INs exam since after i have read the too very good still find the too subjects difficult

BRs