PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good place to convert FAA to JAA?

SkyBastard
14th Mar 2008, 19:30
I have an FAA CPL ME/IR and want to end up with a JAA fATPL.
Is there anyone here who has made this conversion and if so, where, how and how much?

Also, if I converted in Spain for instance, would the end result be the same as if I converted in the UK?

I plan to do the ATPL ground school in Bristol. Its the flying part I'm not so sure about.

Thanks!

Shunter
15th Mar 2008, 14:08
As you know, you need to do the 14 ATPL exams. Once you've got over that mountain the flying isn't so bad.

CPL conversion training prior to test is simply "as required". 200hrs total time and a 300nm cross-country are prerequisites, but you're probably fine in those respects.
IR conversion requires 15 hours training prior to test.

Spain and the UK are both JAA states, so you get a JAA CPL/IR (fATPL) whichever way you do it.

whyaren'tuflyingboy
16th Mar 2008, 19:51
Try Airways Flight Training Exeter. They do a lot of Military and Foreign Licence conversions and have quite a reputation for it. It'll pretty much be a case of hours as required for the CPL and IR once you've completed the ATPL exams. Allow about 8-10+ hrs for the CPL and about 20+ hours for the IR.

Notoc
9th May 2008, 12:23
If you're going to Bristol Ground School, why not drop into Bristol Flying Centre, they have been conducting flight training for licence conversions for years and are well experienced to deliver your requirements. Good luck !

zapoi67
9th May 2008, 12:38
Are hours on FTD (simulator) taken into account to reach the 200 hrs needed for the CPL conversion ?
Thanks !