PDA

View Full Version : FALA rumour

kat06sa
14th Mar 2008, 17:19
Flame suit on

I heard, probably a bad rumour, that FALA owners going to close 06R/24 permantly and upgrade 06L. If that is the case, then those are the final nails into the coffin of GA at FALA. Not to mention the training schools there.

Flame suit off

Avi8tor
14th Mar 2008, 18:53
A little bird inside ATNS told me that is the plan.

Juliet Sierra Papa
14th Mar 2008, 19:57
Is this really going to happen? FALA has the highest movements daily in GP and probably the rest of SA (Please correct me if I'm wrong) in all aspects of Aviation. The Press today are stating that a 5th airport is being considered for GP as the present load at FAJS is close to max and will not cope in the (not too distant) future and that possible expansion of existing fields will be considered.(This must read FALA/FAJS).
Is this bad timing by whoever at FALA or do they already know something that we don't :cool:

Regards JSP

Solid Rust Twotter
15th Mar 2008, 07:47
Doesn't FAWB have more GA movement?

I.R.PIRATE
15th Mar 2008, 11:58
Bowel movements from the whingers in the tower perhaps...:rolleyes:

I.R.PIRATE
15th Mar 2008, 14:31
Plus, where else in Africa is there GA? Who needs it, its an elitist racist pursuit.:yuk::yuk::}

kat06sa
15th Mar 2008, 15:37
Well there is almost always traffic in the right circuit for 06R, doing T&G's and what not. The problem comes when the controller has 3 or 4 aeries in the right circuit doing T&G on 06R a few incoming IFR traffic on 06L , somemore traffic on ground waiting for departure, and having to clear the way for big birds that now make use of FALA.

My hour building is based from FALA and about 80% of the time when returning to the aerodrome, im told to stay clear of ctr and contact twr in the next 10 minutes.

If 06R is closed I dont see how FALA would manage all circuit trainings, GA traffic and IFR traffic.