PDA

View Full Version : Some Enqueries before i join for Training .

Djg
14th Mar 2008, 15:21
Hi guys,

I'm newbie here, Want to be a pilot but few questions bugging in my mind -

1)- What's the use of physics/maths in pilot training ? :confused:
2)- I've read it's a 6 months course to obtain CPL, after obtaing CPL can i get job in airline industry ?
3)- It's easy ? Is there any study involve apart from driving/instruments/weather ?

Any help would be really appreciated :ok:

bfisk
14th Mar 2008, 15:29
Physics and maths will help you gain a better understanding of some of the more theoretical aspects of flying, mainly those related to the knowledge examinations. Studies of these subjects will also prepare you for aeronautical studies as it teaches you good learning- and work habits.

To get a job in the airlines today, you basically need a CPL (commercial pilot's license), preferrably one issued in accordance with JAR, if you plan to fly in Europe. On this license you need a Multi-engine and an Instrument Rating as well. You also need a so called MCC course, and for all practical purposes you will probably need to pass the written ATPL exams.

If it can be done in six months - the CPL certainly can in some parts of the world (ie USA and the like), however at this pace be prepared to devote yourself entirely to this. Also, completing the ATPL theory and MCC courses, toghether with the flying lessons and hour building, 6 months will be, as far as I can see, impossible.

Everything is easy once you know it, but as with everything else, it does take considerable time and effort. But if you are at least averagely talented and put your mind to it, it's far from impossible.

Best of luck to you.

Djg
14th Mar 2008, 15:49
bfisk
Thanks a lot mate :)

I don't know/remember much about physics/maths now - studied a while ago in school -so is this a obstacle in my way ?

bfisk
14th Mar 2008, 18:59
Probably not. If you have been able to pass them once then surely you'll be able to brush up on it when and if necessary.