PDA

View Full Version : No expat FOs in India from 1st June 2008

Red Raven
14th Mar 2008, 15:01
I just found out today. As part of the program to phase out expat pilots in India, the DGCA has decided not to validate any non-Indian licence for co-pilots (captains are still fine) after the 1st June 2008.

Actually, those FOs who already have a validate licence and are flying in India right now, the validation will expire automatically on the 31st May 2008.

I wonder when they plan to kick the captains out and who is going to fly their aircraft after that... I suppose that there are enough flight schools in India then....

Red Raven

GSMini
14th Mar 2008, 15:39
Where did you hear that validations will expire on May 31st?
As far as I knew, expat FO won´t join any Indian carrier from June the 1st, but the ones that are flying here already, will last until their validation expires. But not a forced expiry!

Have the Indian Govt or DGCA measured the impact this new law will have on Indian carriers if they forced them to comply with it right now??

Or..is it just a matter of money???..you know..
Regards:}

Left Wing
14th Mar 2008, 15:48
there is now a surplus of local CPL holding guys who need priority to get jobs...just like rest of the wrold locals need to fill in the jobs first...

Anonymus6
14th Mar 2008, 21:01
Does this rule comply with corportate section as well (bizjet)?. I have been interviewd for a Co pilot position and upgrade to captain position fast due to my high total time.

I guess that will never happen now when they will comply this rule.:ugh:

Anyway,

Good luck:ok:

Left Wing
15th Mar 2008, 02:44
only applicable to airlines not for biz jet guys

turbofan99
15th Mar 2008, 04:59
Left wing, where do you get your information? How do you know bizjet side is exempt?
Nothing found on DGCA site....as usual
tf

Sky Dancer
15th Mar 2008, 14:11
Yeah heard about it today.Feel sorry for some of the guys as they've spent a lot of money for their ratings,hope they get in somewhere....funny system in India...always wondered how they allow Indian guys to fly in command on a FATA...isn't that a violation of the law...

getsetgo
17th Mar 2008, 11:59
sky dancer
which law you are reffering to?

Sky Dancer
17th Mar 2008, 12:36
well for starters it's a violation of the spirit of the Indian Aircraft Act 1934 and The Aircraft Rules 1937 on which the present CAR is based ...wherein FATA stands for Foreign Aircrew Temporary Approval..which mentions that it's a temporary/conditional approval given to foreign nationals to operate Indian registered aircraft when no such Indian national is available...secondly its a violation of the Indian Labour Law...now that would require a lot of digging in from my part if you want specifics but I guess that should answer your question...

getsetgo
17th Mar 2008, 18:00
well for starters it's a violation of the spirit of the Indian Aircraft Act 1934 and The Aircraft Rules 1937 on which the present CAR is based ...wherein FATA stands for Foreign Aircrew Temporary Approval..which mentions that it's a temporary/conditional approval given to foreign nationals to operate Indian registered aircraft when no such Indian national is available...secondly its a violation of the Indian Labour Law...now that would require a lot of digging in

............................................................ ...........................................
sky dancer

not much digging required only read Indian Aircraft Act 1934 and The Aircraft Rules 1937 on which the present CAR is based ...very carefully

D.G. is final authority

Sky Dancer
18th Mar 2008, 01:23
ok..but tell me which part of them to read...very carefully....as far as I know both of them were framed under the preview of the Indian government/parliament ...DG cannont frame rules in independance....that's why the saying NO IS ABOVE THE LAW....unless of course on your planet things are a bit different...

getsetgo
18th Mar 2008, 01:29
sky dancer

need to read all....there are no parts
read 10 times if still not understood 11 times

farrari
18th Mar 2008, 03:14
Has been mentioned that it only "may" apply to Expats on Domestic services not International.?????

Sky Dancer
24th Mar 2008, 11:04
Wow a Spanish PIO....man where else is there left for an Indian to conquer...but yes technically you can do it..you first need to write to the DGCA explaining your background and apply to write the exams...once you've cleared the exams and the medical you can hold an Indian licence...and then start applying for a job.....welcome home Amigo......

BUSTRASH
24th Mar 2008, 16:06
I just did a screening with Kingfisher on the 19Mar and nobody new anything. The instructor was a class act. If I cant go as a F/O I hope to go as a capt in the future.

PAPI-74
24th Mar 2008, 16:10
Who the hell wants to work there anyway?

av8r76
25th Mar 2008, 06:30
coolio
The 2 yr rule is out the door. you have to convert to Indian licenses and then check with individual airlines about their individual policies.

You will be hired as a local on local terms provided the particular airline hires PIOs/OCIs.

For once the DGCA actual does something to benefit the local populace.

Sky Dancer
25th Mar 2008, 13:40
yeah the way to go is to convert your licence...but you need to talk to the DGCA and to the airlines as well....

picollo
25th Mar 2008, 20:27
Dont do it. Bribing somebody to get your license may sound appealing but by doing so , you are only hurting the country and others (like myself) who are trying to convert the correct way.

This type of corruption must stop ,it is our responsibility as Indians to curb corruption, only then can we truly achieve progress.

picollo
26th Mar 2008, 16:05
If getting a job is more important than your integrity ,go for it.

As for your conversion go to www.dgca.nic.in and look for the conversion flow chart.

go to amazon.com and get the Ground Studies for pilots series aand that should be a good place to start.

getsetgo
26th Mar 2008, 17:44
coolio 545

world is full of corruption
picollo...im also against the corruption,but how does one expect for a job without giving money...selfsponsor your own type rating is also being corrupt...so much we all have paid for the cpl..but still one has to pay to get a job,not only in india,but everywhere.im also indian and have to find a way to become airline pilot without being ruined.
but does anyone know about how long it takes to convert into indian cpl?
dont want exact dates but just about..and where to get books to study and all?

Many come to this state with the ideas like you have in mind, thinking India as a third world and can be onboard by bribing. Then they find it extremely difficult to survive when they realize it’s not what they thought of.

Now its known as developing state (not 3rd world)

If some company needs you they will do the work for you, you don’t have to run to DGCA etc.
If you are not required, that you will know from your future employers’ response.

scubawasp
12th Apr 2008, 10:19
Dear Pilots:

As you are aware, the DGCA has issued a ruling that expat F/Os cannot be utilized in India beyond the date of their current FATA. The earlier notification was even more limiting (31 May 08), but through negotiation, they have agreed that expat F/Os may continue till the expiration date of their FATA, which will not be renewed. Nevertheless, the company is making every effort to try and get at least a 1 year extension.

I am aware that this is not the best of news for you, and we empathize with you on that. We must, however, comply with Government rulings.

Captnhappy
12th Apr 2008, 12:26
Well if the Indian DGCA doesn't want them Then they all can come to Korean Air. Effective immediately Korean air will be interviewing and hiring First Officers on all types.
However The medical is pretty Intensive, and i would strongly recommend abstaining from any and ALL curry products for at least 2 weeks before the interview. They claim that these produce problems with EKG, Liver enzymes and Cholrsterol. which they monitor here very seriously.
Good Luck
GHB