PDA

View Full Version : From 0 to ATPL

ab33t
14th Mar 2008, 10:26
I have been trawling through the forum for the various ways of going from 0 through to ATPL there are many postings but they are all over the show . Does anybody have this in one place a website pdf doc or something similar?

Thanks

WISH2FLY
14th Mar 2008, 10:50
The archive thread at the top of the page should hold all the info you need regarding different paths (modular v integrated), courses, schools, prices etc etc

Hope that helps :ok:

wish2fly

clanger32
14th Mar 2008, 11:12
Ab33t,
One thing I dislike about PPRuNe is that there is a huge tendency to rip into people who haven't read every post that's ever been written before asking a question, so I'm really not trying to do that.

However, the question you've asked is SOOOOO broad and subjective that really it's impossible to A) answer B) consolidate all the info you need in one place.

As Wish2fly has said, it's worth trawling through the sticky post at the top as this contains many, many good pointers and will answer most of your questions. You can then work out some precise questions, with which we would be able to more easily help.

One word of caution however, before you begin the four day marathon that is a PPRuNe 30 page thread read, visit the Maldon sea salt factory and buy up their entire product for the next year before you start...there is an awful lot of self-agrandising posturing in that thread...Many posts by 17 year olds - who have no real knowledge of the [aviation or any other for that matter] industry - claiming that the integrated courses are the only way you'll EVER get a job and even more by Modular students claiming modular is the only safe way to go, before mentioning they're currently working in McDonalds waiting for a first job. I SERIOUSLY suggest taking the aformentioned prescription of salt before taking any of these type posts as gospel.

Clanger's truth of flying training? It's exceedingly personal and what's right for me, isn't necessarily right for you. There is NO "one size fits all" in this game. Read, cut through the B/S, take the salient points and make up your own mind which route is right FOR YOU!
cheers!

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not trying to say in any of the above that either all 17 year olds know nothing, or that all mod students end up in McDs. It's called Irony. What I meant by these statements is that those who claim integrated is the only route invariably display a total lack of life experience and those that are the most vigourous slaters of integrated/defenders of modular never seem to have a job....

There are many, many students of either route on here, who have posted many times that "either route is ok, but I preferred xxx" and strangely, it's these who seem to have a job...