PDA

View Full Version : Night Rating at Fly-in-spain.

7574ever
13th Mar 2008, 19:23
Hi everybody,

I need a night rating as soon as possible, don't want to get into the summer and find nobody will do it, and I was thinking of fly-in-spain, jerez, as I live in Spain.

The problem is I have a maximum of 4 days to complete it, and that includes getting checked out so I can do the 5 solo night landings. Anybody that has been over there has any advice? do you think it's doable??

Regards!

SkyCamMK
13th Mar 2008, 20:28
When my son was in Malaga he was unable to use his night rating on the PPL - this was a few years ago. Told he needed a CPL! So not sure...

7574ever
13th Mar 2008, 21:09
He was probably on Spanish law, there's no night rating as such over here, my licence is UK issued so UK law applies.
I personaly think this difference is stupid, if we are all on JAR we should have the same legislation...

acuba 290
14th Mar 2008, 02:49
why not call there and ask Brian, head of training if it possible or not ;)
I personally have done my PPL there and happy with this school :ok:

7574ever
14th Mar 2008, 16:14
Yes, I talked to them already, but I just think it's too tight. I just can't go over there and not finish it, don't want to risk my money.

Anybody know of a place for a Night Rating in mid May in the UK?

GASH !
14th Mar 2008, 20:04
You will not be able to do this in Spain. As you know you need the full stop landings which you will not be able to do at Jerez.

Hans will probably promise you the earth including some crap about doing VOR approaches instead or 'nipping' over to Africa to do the full stop landings. Once he has your money he couldn't care less.

Brian is a great instructor but unless things have changed he doesn't call the shots out there. Feel free to message me for more info on what it's really like at fly in Spain.

Cheers

giarc64
14th Mar 2008, 20:38
Hi There

I did my jar ppl with fly in spain in 1996. I now live in South Africa.

Spain does not allow night vfr. for my jar night rating, Brian and I flew to Faro in portugal.Portugal allowes night vfr.

So we actually submitted an IFR flight plan to Faro, flew there did some practise touch and goes and then I did the 5 solo touch and goes, paid my landing fees and flew back to Jerez under another IFR flight plan. We were able to do this as Brian is IF rated obviously.

Brian is a great instructor and know his thing. The school is actully run by him under his own company BMaviation. He has a partnership with Hans and Fly In Spain to use his aircraft.

ArabianHawk
18th Sep 2011, 13:16
Hi GASH,

hope you can advise me on going to fly in spain or not i included email between me and hans .

thank you .

Omar
----------------------------my email

Hi Hanc,

Thanks .

What i need is to finish the JAR frozen ATPL in five months or six at the maximum ..is that possible ?

Experiences :

CANADIAN PPL

TOTAL FIXED WING : 105.1

TOTAL PIC : 18.5

TOTAL INSTRUMENT : 5.2

Regards,
Omar

this is his replay --------------

Omar

yes, basically everything is possible,

the flying part, is manageabel, but you have to sit every day 5 + hours to study otherwise you will not manage the ATPL theory.

Where do you stay, because you need to be with us at least 2,5 month to do all you flying ....

and we can gide you also through the ATPL

I you are prepared to work hard, it is possible, and we can prepare a program for you.

regds

hans

chrisbl
19th Sep 2011, 19:54
Fly in Spain will do the job, but you have to be prepared to put in the work. It worked for me on the SEIR, and I will be going back for the multi asap.

Nedkelly123
20th Sep 2011, 07:52
I was told that VFR - Night was not possible in Spain and you needed an instrument rating......

This came from Sloane Helicopters in Mallorca....

_ShIfTy_
20th Sep 2011, 09:30
At FTE we had to fly to Faro to do our 5 takeoff and landings. Follwed by a Curry and beers. :ok:

Spainish rules wouldn't allow us to fly VFR solo at night.

flyer0001
22nd Sep 2011, 22:43
just done my night rating at fly in spain. they get now special permission from spanish autthorities to carry out night traing in spain / jerez. done it in 2 evenings. no need to go to fara

Campoedu
28th Sep 2011, 17:20
Yes you can do night vFr flying in spain, you have to ask a permit for every flight, wich I think is what FLy In spain does. Regards

corporate-pilot
3rd Oct 2011, 13:20
He was probably on Spanish law, there's no night rating as such over here, my licence is UK issued so UK law applies.

Be very very careful. Just because your licence is issued in the UK does not mean you do not need to abide by other countries laws.

Each country publish their differences and if you are flying in that country you are expected to abide by their aviation law.

Don't forget that if you are flying an aircraft registered under a different country you will need to be aware of their ANO too.

BillieBob
10th Oct 2011, 21:01
just done my night rating at fly in spain.No, you haven't.