PDA

View Full Version : HeliPortugal

J Edgar Hover
13th Mar 2008, 15:41
Hi everybody,

Heliportugal had a lot of advertisement posted through March aviation/Flightglobal/Aviationjobsearch a few months ago.

Anybody heard anything after they applied???

VEMD
13th Mar 2008, 18:05
Too good to be true!!

Martin Barclay
14th Mar 2008, 14:04
Have you actually spoken to the company? My understanding is that their recruitment process has not started yet. Either the agencies or the company themselves are worth a call before writing them off.
Companies plans change all the time and the industry is full of cancellations and postponements. May be a perfectly good reason, or you might be right. I found them very helpful.

J Edgar Hover
14th Mar 2008, 18:00
Send my stuff directly to the HR dept of the company and got a short reply, haven't heard anything since.

manfromuncle
14th Mar 2008, 18:54
Posted and email weeks ago, not a dicky bird heard.

helico2003
27th Mar 2008, 13:20
Same here, sent my CV a couple months ago...no reply. I heard the guy in charge for recruiting is a S. African who was previously commercial director for Netjets and got kicked out for doing a cr..p :mad: job...maybe is not paying attention to the market! :zzz:
My (inside) sources tell me the advertising is well well overstated and the real money is...for experienced Capts. after taxes arround 64000 euros/year net.
They operate 365's in Romenia and Turkey on equal rotation 28/28 or 14/14 and soon will have a couple 139's...but rumors say they will be heading for Nigerian partner Caverton...

Heli-Jock
27th Mar 2008, 18:14
I to, sent an e-mail with my CV attached a few weeks ago and as yet, i've not heard a peep.

:{

Tokunbo
28th Mar 2008, 18:22
Heliportugal and Caverton have a close affiliation because both companies are run by spoilt little rich kids who think they know it all and don't want to listen to the professionals they sometimes employ, so they end up with a bunch of yes-men or guys who'll do anything to make a buck

rotenon
1st Apr 2008, 22:12
Someone said they are hiring ? Up to 99 000 EUR ?
Whats the story here ?

tottigol
1st Apr 2008, 22:46
Got an Email last week and they included their economic package.
I can confirm the numbers even though they include per diem.

Helipolarbear
2nd Apr 2008, 10:05
Tokunbo, well said! The 'Ebulient One'...:ok:

anjouan
2nd Apr 2008, 14:50
Tokunbo,

You have it in one :ok: A company to watch very carefully :=

griffothefog
5th Apr 2008, 17:54
My information is that heli-portugal are finally holding their interviews from the 15th-23rd of this month. That will include initial interview and flight check. No idea on pay :sad:

rotenon
20th Apr 2008, 15:52
Would like to know any information about the prosess in general- tests etc. Please pvt me if you have any information about the company that could be useful?

chispun
20th Apr 2008, 18:48
Anybody heard anything about a new SAR contract in Portugal with Heliportugal ???

andreblor
11th Mar 2009, 10:53
Hi all,

I see this ad is on aviationjobsearch again.

Just wondering if anyone has info on the company, how many are they hiring, t&c's etc.

Anyone in the company?

tks
A

VEMD
11th Mar 2009, 19:53
Send the ad link...

JAA/FAA Pilot
19th Mar 2009, 23:08
google does it.

Apply for the JAA C/ATPL Helicopter Pilots (Portugal) job posted by March Aviation, AviationJobSearch.com (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/jobs/pilots/portugal/jaa_c_atpl_helicopter_pilots_portugal_-23178.html)

Epiphany
16th Jun 2010, 02:11
Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply and treat with utmost caution even if you do.

choppersky
16th Jun 2010, 08:13
Heliportugal, S.A.

Type Rated on AS365 Dauphin (series) or Agusta AW 139.
Airline Transport Pilots License equivalent with not less than 3000 flying hours in Helicopters of which 1500 hours must have been as Pilot in Command.
Current IR with a minimum of 100 hours instrument or simulated instrument flight time on helicopters and night rated with a minimum of 50 hours night flying on helicopters.
Minimum 500 hours flight experience in off-shore operations.

Name: Felipe Hessel
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +351214447230
Link: ATPL Helicopter Pilots (Ref. 10/HSP.03) (http://www.helijobsonly.com/index.php?post_id=174)

kinderpilot
1st Dec 2010, 08:26
I've eared Heliportugal is searching for pilots.
Any news about this company?
Salary
Conditions
Rostering
Sim Training
Working Bases

VEMD
7th Dec 2010, 17:54
"Is like a tale, in the begging of the year we were 33 pilots, now they are just 18 :ugh:”, they are maintaining a good average, HP started to look like some middle east company...

halfdv2scl
8th Dec 2010, 06:21
I was forced to work in violation of both the company and JAR regs (fly everyday and 24 hour medevac everyday for 21 days straight)... The chief pilots solution to dealing with this? Refuse to answer the fone (the duty fone 16 calls) for three weeks, refuse to take calls at work, refuse to answer text messages (5) or e-mail (3). Oh and Mr L... I know you got my calls, Mr M had the balls to answer.

This is the general tone of how HP deals with problems... ignore them. And as there is no one to call them on it (Part Q is not in effect) and as those in the National authority are on a first name basis with those running the company in question... get the point?

So long as there are pilots who need a job, oil companies who need to save a buck and authorities willing to look the other way.. HP will continue to do business this way.

By the way.. Does Mr PS know that Mr. C is still on the payroll?

Just remember the HR guys last name rimes with....

Epiphany
8th Dec 2010, 08:33
Good post halfdv2scl. It has always amazed me that oil companies who (presumably) audit helicopter companies continue to award contracts to those that are clearly not playing by the rules. HeliPortugal is one of many and the bigger operators who generally do invest considerable sums of money in playing by all the rules are suffering.

I have worked for a few similar companies and got out as soon as I could see what was going on. I remember asking to see a copy of the Ops Manual one day when being told to fly what I considered to be in excess of FDL and was informed that the Ops Manual was at the company head office in another country! If I wanted to know the rules I should call the Chief Pilot who, curiously enough, was never around!

There are though (as you say) always pilots desperate for a job or to gain experience or who can't work anywhere else, As long as these people are available and the oil companies/aviation authorities look the other way then the situation will continue sadly.

cms24485
8th Dec 2010, 14:49
Excellent post halfdv2scl... spot on! :ok:

I have to apologize for my previous post (already deleted by me) because it was probably a bit to strong on words :mad: ... however let me say just this... when opinions about a company, in this case Heliportugal, need to have "editing for content"... than that's enough said about it!

HR is truly very below average and the company is following it steps very quickly! :ugh:

Best of luck if you have to apply there... :rolleyes:

dcfc
8th Dec 2010, 23:00
I was interested in HP, they sounded pretty good from my research/contacts.......are they really that bad? Whats the deal with pay, have they neglected to pay on time/at all?
Cheers:confused:

Epiphany
9th Dec 2010, 09:55
dcfc - if you have researched HP and know and trust people who tell you the operation is a good one then you can do no more. The same people should be able to tell you what the salary is I would imagine? My own research and contacts tell me otherwise. The only way to find out is by taking them up on their offer and judging for yourself. We all have different standards and expectations.

VEMD
9th Dec 2010, 10:56
dcfc,
It’s very easy, if you come into the interview, kindly ask Mr HR to state you on the paper what the company is offering you, you’ll see his face!!:D
By the way don’t get surprised… he is the kind of guy that never look into your eyes when he is talking to you..:oh:

cms24485
9th Dec 2010, 14:35
dcfc

VEMD is right! Try to get what he says... on paper! :}

But to be honest with you... not even on paper! ;)

Just one example:

One pilot from the company decided to relocate... stayed with his family in Portugal for almost a month... house hunting, school interviews... after all done walks in HR and informs he is ready to "relocate"!

Answer... sorry, company going through some difficult times we don't have the money to relocate you!!!!! :eek:

Others:

Interview... "You'll be in a 5***** hotel..." (it's only 3***)... "Sim trip every year..." (Not really... not even every 2 years)... :eek:

HR is too bad to be true... :ugh:

Good luck! :ok:

dcfc
10th Dec 2010, 21:37
bit of a mixed bag there people! I had better go and find my spade and do some more digging..?
Cheers:hmm:

calaim
12th Dec 2010, 13:03
dcfc,
It seems you have enough info to just don't waste your time with HP.
But if you really want, just go there and see by yourself.
For me is clear, the HR guy is some you can not trust , just like most of the directors of this company.
What they say today may not be true tomorrow, so, just open your eyes the market has more opportunities.
Just to give you an idea:

The bond policy is not pro rata and is for 3 years
the accommodation in iran are sub human dignity
The operation is the most unprofessional I've seen.
No rooster, at least within reasonable time.

halfdv2scl
12th Feb 2011, 20:52
I notice HP is looking for people, suggestion: get everything in writing and ask Mr. H (rhymes with asshole) if you can speak with someone currently stationed in one of the gems he intends to send you to... note to self: there's a reason they need people.

Guincho
13th Feb 2011, 12:13
Too True.
People are leaving and others made redundant.

Guincho
20th Feb 2011, 15:24
I cant believe its all going sh*t shaped at HP/HS and no one is prepared to saying anything.
HR manager is an ex Lidl store manager supposedly acting in the best interest of the company, I think not.
How the hell do you go from groceries to gas turbines ?

eivissa
20th Feb 2011, 16:04
Not that it will have anything to do with it, but LIDL does own two Bell 230 helicopters.

RotorSwede
13th Jul 2012, 17:57
What's the latest news about Heli Portugal, they still up 'n running ?

jhsh
14th Feb 2013, 19:50
well well well.....funny how some pilots talked about HP! same pilots who had been fired by a few companies in the few last years, telling lies on others pilots.....they must be bored in their life i guess !! what a nice and professional attitude! :D , like Mr GB! that the way he use to talked about others!:ok:

HP is doing not so bad! even if somes are telling the contrary! i guess that the sames who were laid off!:rolleyes:

VEMD
15th Feb 2013, 20:13
Today in the Portuguese news SIC showed Heliportugal in Technical Bankruptcy...
:eek:

apb
18th Feb 2013, 21:10
Today in the Portuguese news SIC showed Heliportugal in Technical Bankruptcy...

It could be true, they have lost the Portugal's firefighting contract (25 helicopters)

News in portuguese only:

Oje - o Jornal Economico - Negócios - Everjets ganha concurso de 25 helicópteros de combate a incêndios (http://www.oje.pt/noticia.aspx?channelid=C32FD067-0BC2-4366-9A04-208E8B2DB854&contentid=140E971E-22F9-4B8B-A12C-A24C3D04494D)

EMA entrega aluguer de 25 helicópteros por cinco anos a empresa de Famalicão - PÚBLICO (http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noticia/ema-entrega-aluguer-de-25-helicopteros-por-cinco-anos-a-empresa-de-famalicao-1584625)

Peter PanPan
19th Feb 2013, 10:17
How could a startup company out of nowhere that appears to only have one single dauphin on G registry could win against a consortium of 4 experienced and well established operators?

pilot751
8th Apr 2013, 18:58
They obviously couldnt win it!!!
In order to presente they offer in the tender the companies had to attach to their proposal the flight manual of 25 helicopters. With this the portuguese government had the guarantee that the companies had helis to operate.
However, Everjets thought they were smarter and falsified 23 flight manual.
One technical acessor of the portuguese government have already proved it by a visit that he done to one of the companies that Everjets used the flight manual (FM).
Also 8 of 9 companies that Everjets used the FM said that they have never heard about Everjets nor his operation Director José Pereira!
The Consortium made this public and now the tender is still suspended.
However since the owner of Everjets is a good friend of the Minister of the government that decides, no one knows what is going to happen...
Sure is that Everjets, ahs at this point only 4 machines when they have to present in onde and a half months 25.
Lets see what happens...:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

hueyracer
8th Apr 2013, 20:21
There are more than enough companies in Europe (more or less desperatly) trying to find work for their helicopters....they are surely more than happy to lease them out to any portugese company (that pays in advance, of course.....we all know about the financial reliability of some portugese companies in the past...)

TheHeliFreak
8th Apr 2013, 21:28
How could a startup company out of nowhere that appears to only have one single dauphin on G registry could win against a consortium of 4 experienced and well established operators?

I guess because some of the people on the startup company have the experience necessary. If you had the time to search for the Dauphin, you could also search for, and I quote: operation Director José Pereira!
Google will give you some answers. :8

Also, I guess, that in order to have that kind of operation the Aviation Authority must approve the operation first. That and some millions less in the contract I guess.

They obviously couldnt win it!!!
In order to presente they offer in the tender the companies had to attach to their proposal the flight manual of 25 helicopters. With this the portuguese government had the guarantee that the companies had helis to operate.
However, Everjets thought they were smarter and falsified 23 flight manual.
One technical acessor of the portuguese government have already proved it by a visit that he done to one of the companies that Everjets used the flight manual (FM).
Also 8 of 9 companies that Everjets used the FM said that they have never heard about Everjets nor his operation Director José Pereira!
The Consortium made this public and now the tender is still suspended.
However since the owner of Everjets is a good friend of the Minister of the government that decides, no one knows what is going to happen...
Sure is that Everjets, ahs at this point only 4 machines when they have to present in onde and a half months 25.
Lets see what happens...

It seems you know a lot. Guess that's why the "Ru" in this forum title. A lot of the information you posted here is incorrect. But I let you figure that out by yourself.

Love this forum. :p By the way, first time here, first round on me. :ok:

Regards.

jhsh
26th May 2013, 18:31
good remark !! the answer is that HP did not loose the tender, they are waiting for decision of tribunal !

Ready2Fly
4th Jun 2013, 08:27
The decision was made May, 28th, wasn't it?

nowherespecial
5th Jan 2016, 07:58
I heard a rumour just now that HP have gone bankrupt (again). Can't find anything on google but lets be honest, my Portuguese isn't what it was...

Anyone else heard that their crews haven't been paid? Bad news for the people flying and maintaining, doing their best but it seems the mgmt team are rather less scrupulous than they could be from reading this thread.

Anyone else heard similar?

Self loading bear
5th Jan 2016, 20:38
my Portuguese isn't what it used to be

NWS,
Look at it from the bright side:
Your Portugese is probably as good as it used to be 😃😃😃
And certainly will match or exceed my excellence.

If the rumour is true I feel sorry for employees involved.

SLB

SFIM
6th Jan 2016, 07:47
the website at http://www.heliportugal.pt/hp/
has just said "available soon" for weeks, doesnt bode well

nowherespecial
6th Jan 2016, 08:39
SLB, all I can say is thank the lord for the mercy of Google translate....

Sad times for all concerned. Found an article saying that one of their major creditors had forgiven part of their debts from September 2015 but nothing since.

SFIM, yes indeed it does and their parent company, UHS isn't much use either.

jhsh
10th Aug 2016, 15:29
HP is not doing that bad, other companies are in trouble too, crisis ! The company is waiting for the payment from the trial they won (around 20millions€) not really the fault of the managers ! ;)

VEMD
10th Aug 2016, 16:14
josh::= Mmmmmmh why I don't believe you? Maybe you could be one of the "super managers protectors": to called it in a polite way?
vulgo:asslickers

Spunk
10th Aug 2016, 17:31
Waiting for 20 mio? That's what I definetly call manager's fault.

jhsh
11th Aug 2016, 09:17
Well Mr VEMD.... you must be god ....and seems to know all the truth about your Blue Planet !:D I wish you a nice day ! not necessary to be vulgar, or maybe it is your way of life !:ok:

jhsh
8th Sep 2016, 12:45
https://webmail.helipt.pt/owa/redir.aspx?C=HZ-CmL3DbUYf7FryZLEJ7g4XWPzhx60U4y-z44SmOUV7aYIJ5dfTCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fnewsavia.com%2feverjets-nega-ligacoes-com-demissao-do-presidente-da-anpc%2f

Here is for Mr VEMD ! the truth is coming about Heliportugal, and the "bad" is in the other side ! Before talking dear Sir, and lying under a nickname:ok:, try to see where is the reality ! just a LOL to end !;)

berlioz
11th Sep 2016, 04:53
https://webmail.helipt.pt/owa/redir.aspx?C=HZ-CmL3DbUYf7FryZLEJ7g4XWPzhx60U4y-z44SmOUV7aYIJ5dfTCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fnewsavia.com%2feverjets-nega-ligacoes-com-demissao-do-presidente-da-anpc%2f

Here is for Mr VEMD ! the truth is coming about Heliportugal, and the "bad" is in the other side ! Before talking dear Sir, and lying under a nickname:ok:, try to see where is the reality ! just a LOL to end !;)
Nothing there......

hueyracer
11th Sep 2016, 13:59
Heli Portugal had (has?) the same problem many other companies have:

Inexperienced pilots (on paper they all look great, but some of them are just not good pilots, or better: their style of flying does not match the hours they pretend to have), and bad management (meaning they just care about some things, letting go of others that are even more important).

I had the pleasure of working with them on fires for one or two seasons....the flying part is good, the copilots i had were great (although low-timers), but some of the management´s decisions were......questionable at least.

Funny to see some of the low-time copilots in the Captain´s seats now, with only a few hundred hours extra.......just to make sure they can claim to have "local pilots only"....

Thorond0r
9th Sep 2019, 16:21
Hi fellow Rotorheads,

so, 3 years later, how is Heliportugal doing? Heard there is a high rotation in their Off-Shore contracts and the pay check is lower than 10 years ago...

This is all about rumours...but...anybody upgrading them to facts?

hueyracer
9th Sep 2019, 17:02
There was a bit of a weird thing going on....

From my understanding the offshore contract went to Gulf Helicopters to provide AW189.

GULF then tried to get helicopters and Crews, but failed to get them in time... So it was changed to 139....then outsourced to HP.....

The deal was that HP provides the aircraft, and Gulf the crews (or the other way round?)
​​​​​.

Last I heard was that HP is now trying to lease a helicopter And is desperately looking for Crews...

Thorond0r
9th Sep 2019, 21:03
That sounds very confusing and desperate. Are you talking about the Romania contract? Do they have any other?

hueyracer
10th Sep 2019, 05:24
No, I think the Romanian was on 155...

The 139 gig was somewhere in Africa.. Angola (I guess?).

AW4EVER
12th Sep 2019, 14:53
Hi,
It was for Rumanian contract, but for those they want to join, just make sure they pay in advance, even their own pilots had lot of troubles to get paid.
Safe flight.,,

jhsh
27th Dec 2019, 21:25
Hi,
It was for Rumanian contract, but for those they want to join, just make sure they pay in advance, even their own pilots had lot of troubles to get paid.
Safe flight.,,
Everybody have to avoïd this company now........ Wages are at least 3 month late and even more for some people ! the debt is almost 180M€ for the company , at least 3 trials are going on for unpaid salary or unfair breachment of contract . Be careful , Helimalta and Heliportugal are the same , but the contracts made with HM are bad , this is a ghost company ....... I have been working more than 10 years in the company and just left after a trial that I have won .*

Northernstar
27th Dec 2019, 23:11
Never heard of helimalta.... what contract do heliportugal currently have?

212_Nightdipper
30th Dec 2019, 05:25
Everybody have to avoïd this company now........ Wages are at least 3 month late and even more for some people ! the debt is almost 180M€ for the company , at least 3 trials are going on for unpaid salary or unfair breachment of contract . Be careful , Helimalta and Heliportugal are the same , but the contracts made with HM are bad , this is a ghost company ....... I have been working more than 10 years in the company and just left after a trial that I have won .*

I though they just won a long term contract in Romania as they were looking for crews not too long ago, including freelancers;* and with that bad rumors on them (not paying) they keep on asking people to go on work for them, dream on!....sad how Bad management can bring a company down...what a shame