PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Theory CAB AIR

bubble0seven
12th Mar 2008, 20:21
Hi, another question! When you are doing the 6 month ground school, can you do other flying qualifications at the same time?

My question is based around time, also if you could handle the extra mental strain!

As I am self funding 6 months off work is a little expensive and I am trying to maximise the use of that off time?

Thanks in advance.

B

SkyCamMK
12th Mar 2008, 20:58
Well, you could call it an Integrated course! IMHO it is quite likely that unless you are very bright and do not need too much rest or sleep that it will not really be effective to try and do some of the CPL training during the ground school. More important to pass all exams first time. I have not checked LASORS but hopefully someone with mor clout than me may offer you some advice?

bubble0seven
12th Mar 2008, 21:32
Thanks, thought as much, problem is as paying myself the modular route need 6 months off for the theory then will have to go back to work for another 10 months to get all the money together to get to the fATPL - unless any alternative options like a more compartmentalised plan would be better like CPL FI(R) then try to freelance as instructor to build hours and still work as i do now to build up the cash for the final push.. each and every angle has its pros and cons...

I know I want to do it, just trying to find an angle to get it done debt free and as soon as possible...

Really apprecaite your advices.

B

Whirlygig
12th Mar 2008, 22:52
Not sure if I have understood the problem but you cannot commence your CPL flying training until you have passed all the professional ground exams. However, do you already have the 150 hours required to start the commercial flying?

If not, then you'll need to hour build, get a night rating and other stuff wot fixed-wing guys do that I don't know about!!!! :}

Cheers

Whirls