PDA

View Full Version : Highland Airways Sponsorship OPEN

Ewanc
12th Mar 2008, 14:07
To all,
The Highland Airways Pilot sponsorship scheme is open for applicants. This is a true, full blown sponsorship scheme with the potential to walk away at the end of the time period debt free with a ATPL and numerous type ratings.

Please visit the website for more details,

www.highlandairways.co.uk (http://www.highlandairways.co.uk)

Enjoy, Aus.:ok:

MIKECR
12th Mar 2008, 15:22
Always amazes me that Highland run this cheme. They take perhaps 1, maybe 2 people a year at most. Do they need cadets?? There's plenty suitably qualified people, some on their doorstep, yet their not inetersted in them. :confused:

SYYHerring
12th Mar 2008, 15:46
Hi MIKECR, Highland take cadets as they form a vital part of the company, they are a solid, dependable source of pilots. True they don't take as many as they could perhaps, but the outlook for future cadets is good with more and more intakes anticipated in the near future. As far as jobs go, send in your CV and see what happens?
SYY

The African Dude
12th Mar 2008, 15:50
I think it's a great opportunity for a couple of lucky folks, and whether it's 2 or 200 that they take it doesn't change that fact. What you say, MIKECR, could also be true for Atlantic Airlines in Coventry, or the airlines who take CTC cadets (irrespective of whether the starting salary makes up for the airline aquiring the security bond or not). I can't think of a single good reason to justify any of the bitterness in your post :ok:

MIKECR
12th Mar 2008, 15:51
tried it many times over the last year. Im reasonably local, not going to disappear overnight, flown in Scotland for years, but keep getting the 'sorry, we dont want low hours people'.

MIKECR
12th Mar 2008, 15:57
yep, your right, it is a great opportunity for some young lad/lass. Its just a completely bizarre job market just now. I cant get the logic sometimes of how it seems to work.

Will88
12th Mar 2008, 16:02
Always amazes me that Highland run this cheme. They take perhaps 1, maybe 2 people a year at most. Do they need cadets?? There's plenty suitably qualified people, some on their doorstep, yet their not inetersted in them.

The thing is though Mike, the vast majority of these "suitably qualified people" are after a big shiny jet job.

As soon as they get the relevant experience, they'll be out the door quicker than you can say "But you told us in the interview you wanted to stay with us for sixty eight years and the Jetstream 31 is your favourite aircraft" :suspect:

The advantage with cadets is that the bond lasts for five years from the time you're online, so hopefully after two years or so, Highland will have a captain for three years bond-wise and hopefully longer if they pick the right people.

SYYHerring
12th Mar 2008, 16:04
Indeed it is Sir, maybe it would be a good idea if more companies adopted a variation of the 'cadet' scheme with different joining criteria to capture a larger range of pilots out there already (semi)qualified? There are so many positives to be had from joining the Cadet Scheme. Good luck to everyone.
SYY

DAVYDAY
12th Mar 2008, 16:19
Yes no low hour need apply , I had it myself not long ago,shame.

SYYHerring
12th Mar 2008, 16:31
Judging by the quality of the current cadets, Highland have some enthusiastic, dedicated, and highly skilled pilots waiting for their space on the flight deck. This is surely the attitude for cadets Highland were after when they started the scheme. It defintely has its benefits.
SYY