PDA

View Full Version : Low level route.

Heliplates
12th Mar 2008, 12:30
Hi all,

Just about every day, sometimes a few times a day, i see what looks to be a black A109 fly up and down the low level route between Manchester and Liverpool. Just curious to who it is? Were its going?
Does any one have any info?

Cheers Heliplates.

cyclic flare
12th Mar 2008, 13:05
Its belongs to Bardsley construction based in Dukinfield Manchester.

Not sure who the pilot is. I was teaching one of their employees to fly. He got to around forty hours and they stopped him and employed a proper pilot.

Old man Roland Bardsley did the same with one of his employees and they flew round in a 407 for many years before he was sacked for refurbing his whole house and half the neigbourhood with company funds so the rumour has it. You will see it coming in and out of Tatton park because that is where he lives.

Bravo73
12th Mar 2008, 13:06
Could it be silver with a black tail?

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/GImages/G-STGR001.jpg

This aircraft is in and out of a site near Warrington regularly.

Heliplates
12th Mar 2008, 13:13
No thats not it. It is completely black.

Bravo73
12th Mar 2008, 13:25
Sounds like the Bardsley machine then! :ok:

Heliplates
12th Mar 2008, 13:27
Do you know the reg so i can find some photos.

Cheers Heliplates.

VfrpilotPB/2
12th Mar 2008, 13:57
I do believe Mr R Bardsley died a few years ago, but left the company to his sons!

Vfrpilotpb/2

HeliCraig
12th Mar 2008, 14:09
Slight thread creep, but G-STGR is Stobart Groups A109 and the site in Warrington is likely to be their Appleton Thorn site just south of Warrington - which is where all their Admin is done (nominally a head office of sorts).

FloaterNorthWest
12th Mar 2008, 14:51
G-WRBI formally G-CRST

Heliplates
12th Mar 2008, 15:28
I take it this is it!

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/GImages/G-CRST001.jpg

Cheers Heliplates.

jellycopter
12th Mar 2008, 16:42
"Its belongs to Bardsley construction based in Dukinfield Manchester.

Not sure who the pilot is. I was teaching one of their employees to fly. He got to around forty hours and they stopped him and employed a proper pilot.

Old man Roland Bardsley did the same with one of his employees and they flew round in a 407 for many years before he was sacked for refurbing his whole house and half the neigbourhood with company funds so the rumour has it. You will see it coming in and out of Tatton park because that is where he lives."

I'm glad this is called a 'rumour' network! G-WRBI only occasionally flies up and down the corridor by the way - certainly nowhere near every day.

J

nigelh
12th Mar 2008, 22:45
i hear that it is sometimes flown by an ex mil pilot but he doesnt like it much ....he prefers a more gentlemanly ride in a beautiful red squirrel . ( i see it every night flying to the devonshire arms pub and coming out late and wobbling a lot . I think he may have a problem..)

Gaseous
12th Mar 2008, 22:57
There's an N reg one at Chorley. Dark coloured. Quite active at present. Seen frequently passing east/west over here. Also seen it heading toward low level. Could well be this one.