PDA

View Full Version : Greasing a Jetranger

tomstheword
12th Mar 2008, 00:50
I am trying to find out if bell has a minimum period between greasing, we currently use 25hrly but I have flown them with 50hrly intervals before.

Can they be extended to 100hrly? I believe that is what the military currently uses.

Also I am trying to find bells exact procedure for greasing, not the 100hrly but the one used in between 100hrlys if such a thing exists.

Is there a website with the maintenence manuals for the jetranger?

Thanks

Ascend Charlie
12th Mar 2008, 01:23
We used to do it every 25 hrs.

Get an engineer to show you and then watch you do it, and then sign you up for pilot maintenance approval, which CASA will need to inspect on your next audit. Choosing the right grease, filling the gun properly, inserting the grease until the right colour goop oozes out the valve, all that stuff. Get the engineer also to sign you up for piddly little things like removal/fitment of duals, removal of doors, anything else that is vaguely related to maintenance and which any reasonable person would say is blindingly obvious, but which CASA can pounce on you for.

tomstheword
12th Mar 2008, 01:43
Hi, thanks for the advice but have just found what we were looking for. We were after the actual wording from bell.

We have just been pounced on so to speak but believe the pouncer was referring to the wrong section in the manual. Shouldnt be a prob.

We do it every 25 but the manual states more or less, up to a maximum of 50 depending on operating environment.

Have just got hold of some k32 grease guns to put mobil28 cartridges in and they are the ducks nuts, no more empty grease gun issues.