PDA

View Full Version : Comair DEC's?

777Contrail
11th Mar 2008, 06:35
Any truth in the rumour that Comair is taking direct entry commands?

Heard the rumour at the club that there was a recent DEC. Was this a sacrifice as part of the recent pay increase?

What would the sallary for a DEC be?

Would such a post be on an individual contract or as per "normal structure"?

A few sandpit players (read - their wifes) may be interested if Comair starts flying longhaul and need DEC's to man the ships.

line-driver
11th Mar 2008, 08:49
The recent DCE was CPA sanctioned, he is not on the pilot strength list, his appointment is in a managerial capacity and on a contract, not permanent employee, to oversee the start of international operations.

He was given a B737 rating to get into the Comair culture and S.O.P.

Its truly a one time only occurance.

Now all are waiting with bated breath to see if/when/where/how international schedules are going to commence.

777Contrail
11th Mar 2008, 10:36
So it's true then.

A direct entry captain.

Not on the seniority list, but with an individual contract.

Recruited for the longhaul fleet.

Since the president has been set, at least training/management pilots could look forward to DEC's on the longhaul fleet?

There must be a few SAA ex-747 drivers who would like to fill some training/check/management slots?

A once off only?:hmm:

Why, if you get away with it, will you stop?!

TwinJock
11th Mar 2008, 11:56
Is their a time frame for starting the international operations? I thought that Comair has to commence these operations by the middle of the 2008. At the rate at which things are happening now, I seriously doubt it!

What flying the line by this DEC has to do with starting these operations is beyond me - to get the feel for the company SOP's is a poor excuse to employ this individual!

Just a job
11th Mar 2008, 12:41
:hmm: sounds like something Airlink would do...be very careful guys:(

desert queen
12th Mar 2008, 04:46
Quote "A few sandpit players (read - their wifes) may be interested if Comair starts flying longhaul and need DEC's to man the ships."

Not bleedin likely.:=

ANVAK
13th Mar 2008, 19:29
777 sounds to me as though the sand fleas are starting to bite... perhaps a little homesick now?:rolleyes:

777Contrail
14th Mar 2008, 07:12
I can sit in the trip7 for ever and see the world........while the wife plays in the sand............

Dubai is Dubai, sand and dust, money's fair but inflation's a bitch.

As soon as the training bond is worked off, you should move on with your rating. V Australia (777-300ER) and Jetstar (787) is a nicer proposition than Comair longhaul at any rate. But for some others, SA may be best.

I'm bussy looking at buying a spot in Ozzie, the family will be better off there in any case.