PDA

View Full Version : Advise required

wilson87
10th Mar 2008, 22:58
Hi,

First post on this forum so here goes:

Basically over the last few years I have developed a keen interest to flying although strangely enough when I do fly I do develop nerves when in flight whether it be due to turbulence or engine noises, I suppose everyone get's that.

I'm going to be attending University/College in America in August 2008 and I would really like to study something in relation to Avionics as I find it deeply interesting and would love to one day train as a pilot. For now, my experience goes as far as playing the Flight Simulator 2004 which I have near enough mastered in terms of taking off, flight and landing successfully.

For any pilots out there I was wondering what a suitable degree would be to study that would benefit me in fulfilling my long term ambition in becoming a commercial airline pilot?

Thanks

CY333
10th Mar 2008, 23:08
If you are going into avionics B2 then a couple of universities offer an aircraft eng. degree with the B2.
But e warned that CAA will not give you an exceptions from ATPL exams

TelBoy
10th Mar 2008, 23:29
The academic qualifications you are seeking will not necessarily enhance your options for employment as a pilot. Take a good look at where you want to go and how to get there.

I see you are in the UK but want to attend college in the US, so I assume that you are dual national – this gives you a good scope for training and employment – use it!!

As for the nerves, why don’t you try a trial lesson. Be honest with the school and instructor about your apprehensions and that you are seriously considering a career as a pilot, any good school should be very willing to help by giving you an air experience and serious advice on how to achieve your dreams. The only next hurdle is of course financing it!!

Good luck mate, I hope whatever your choice it works well for you.