PDA

View Full Version : Possible BA pilots strike & EC Regulations

Fake Sealion
10th Mar 2008, 19:32
Flight Cancellations and long delays : Notification of Rights under EC Regulations No 261/2004. As required by Article 14.2

Should industrial action by BALPA members cause flight cancellations and/or delays, will BA ticket holders be protected under the above Regulations.

Simple question.

Fake Sealion
11th Mar 2008, 10:11
As you can see, in my post above, I asked if anyone could provide some guidance about how BA ticket holders may or may not be protected under EC Regulations if their booked flight is cancelled as a direct result of industrial action.

As you can see.......no reaction.

I started a thread on this forum as it seemed the most appropriate to use?

I am not a "stirrer" I am not BA "management" or a pilot - I am a holder of a non-refundable BA long haul tickets later this month for my family. BA have not replied to my emails and I thought someone on this forum could give me some guidance.

I thought both sides in the dispute "cared about the passengers" ??.

Vino Collapso
11th Mar 2008, 10:14
Fake,

I am in the same boat as you and would be interested in the reply to your question.

How about your travel insurance? Would that cover anything?

Fake Sealion
11th Mar 2008, 10:33
My insurance provider refers me the EC Regulation as this is designed quite properly to give the cancelled/delayed passenger certain rights and in specified conditions defined levels of compensation.

The question is......does a flight cancellation/delay caused by strike action qualify under this Regualtion as opposed to say.....crew absence or a techical failure on the aircraft?