PDA

View Full Version : First Choice LGW - POP subbed to Thomson

deep_south_gb
10th Mar 2008, 14:48
I'm looking for some information about this - on Saturday, March 8th First Choice FCA96 & 96 from LGW to Puerto Plata was operated by a Thomson 767 instead.

There was huge amount of disinformation and confusion about this - my wife and I were returing to LGW on this flight, and the departure time changed by 3 hours from the ticketed time, and then changed again even after we had checked in.

We were given a letter at checkin stating that FC had "technical problems" and so the Thomson plane was being used, but it had no seat back entertainment, no pillows/blankets, and poor service - certainly not up to FC standards. And economy was 8 across, not 7 across as in FC.

The letter stated there was no premium service, so those who had paid for this would get 50% of that back. What it should have said was that the premium section was much smaller than on FC, so several of those that had paid for it wouldn't get it - as you can imagine there were many very disgruntled passengers.....

It looks like this switch was scheduled at least a couple of days before - did FC really have a problem, or was this some "planned" switch?