PDA

View Full Version : ATPL: instruments???

brs
10th Mar 2008, 14:27
hi

how have you guys passed the Instruments caa atpl exam....

any goog advices,also about the other subjects..

best too you all...

brs

captain_rossco
10th Mar 2008, 15:03
Best way is to read the books provided cover to cover and memorise every single piece of information therein! failing that, Bristol groundschoool is a dream!

brs
10th Mar 2008, 15:20
HAHAHA

and if it is impossible too remember all info that is in the books???

brs

captain_rossco
10th Mar 2008, 15:29
Sorry, by "Bristol groundschool" at the end of my foirst post I meant the online database. Very good, will have you conversive with the ways of the Gyro in no time!

Whirlygig
10th Mar 2008, 16:51
I found the brush-up course helped enormously (not Bristol); precised down into the important stuff, the useful mnemonics - instruments in a nutshell!! It's not that bad!!

Cheers

Whirls

Zyox
10th Mar 2008, 22:14
Sat this in the IAA March set of exams for 2nd time (only got 64 last time, durr).

Every single question I had seen before after doing the Bristol and Italian question banks. Every single one, bar one, which was about TCAS telling you to climb faster, but an obvious one.

Found this amazing. Worrying, but amazing.

brs
17th Mar 2008, 23:55
but is it realictic too pass the INs and HPL only useing the Q bank...

i have read the books but especially INS ins pretty tough...

any comments....

Mikehotel152
18th Mar 2008, 09:48
Try to learn it from the book, but look or ask online for explanations to anything you don't understand. The Bristol brush up course was good for filling in any gaps.

In addition, hope you have good luck with the questions on the day because you can't possibly know it all. Ask most airline pilots to explain gyros and they'll go green. You have to grasp the concepts and know the detail in the exams, then you'll readily forget the detail as your brain steadily decays!

IMHO, of course...;)