PDA

View Full Version : Any Expat jobs in Thailand

hercpilot
10th Mar 2008, 13:15
Does anyone know of any Thailand based airlines who will hire westerners? I know Thai Air is 100% thai but what about the others? Any help appreciated.

ZFT
10th Mar 2008, 14:10
This question is asked so frequently that it is getting quite boring.

Try searching threads in the past few months to get your answer.

PS It's not Thai Air. Two of the local carriers are Thai Airways or Thai Air Asia. There is no Thai Air.

powerstall
10th Mar 2008, 14:14
...Orient Thai hires non-thai pilots... One-two-go and a few others... :E

hercpilot
10th Mar 2008, 16:33
actually the website for Thai Airways is thaiair.com...
always nice to have such helpful folks around, thats what forums are for right? You're a peach ZFT

Passenger 07
11th Mar 2008, 00:03
By law, Thai Airways and its subsidiaries cannot recruit expatriates. Pilot of TG (Thai Group) must be Thai.
But Bangkok Airways, One two Go/ Orient Thai, Thai Air Asia have few expatriates. However there are more and more restriction imposed by regulators.
IAC- NPU, school at European standard, is currently recruiting Flight Instructors but the DCA has imposed a minimum of 600 instructional hours within a minimum of 1500 total hours

kwaiyai
11th Mar 2008, 16:41
Just to help answer your Question a bit hercpilot: Certain Airlines in Thailand do hire Foreign Pilots. DCAT requirement is usually to be Experienced on the Type you will fly to get your Licence Validation etc. There is also the matter of a Quota of Local Pilots to Foreign to protect the local workforce. I can currently work here cos I am experienced as a Commander on type. If you apply to us with 10million hours PIC but not on our aircraft we cant hire you. We also cant hire you as FO I understand due to plenty of Local Qualified Pilots availble in the eyes of DCAT.
As For Thai AA I'm pretty sure there are no Foreign Pilots,
I Personally am sick of the apparent redtape :mad:here and waiting on something better for me elsewhere anyhow.
Good luk to you Truly if this is where you want to be,:bored: