PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Ryanair questions.

SpringHeeledJack
10th Mar 2008, 10:20
I flew with Ryanair last week, LGW-DUB and as an infrequent user of them was expecting a horrible experience. It was, in this case unfounded and almost a pleasure :} However, a couple of things had me wondering. Firstly at the gate (LGW), there was no priority for those passengers who might have paid the extra for this pleasure and i was (by chance) one of the first on the plane. Had i paid for this 'service' i would have been non-plussed to see others getting on before me. Is this normal ?

Secondly just as we turned off the active runway and i mean literally just as, the passenger in the row behind was talking on his mobile until we came into the gate in Terminal A. I was sitting close to the back, so the flight attendants would have heard the conversation, yet they didn't react and this left me wondering is this now ok (by that i mean tolerated) in terms of safety ?

Regards

SHJ

Seat62K
10th Mar 2008, 21:15
I'm not sure that the flight attendants could have heard the conversation given the noise and the distance between the last row of passenger seats on the 737-800 and where the crew sit (on an easyJet A319, say, it might have been different).
I've posted elsewhere how pleasantly surprised I was when I first flew Ryanair - given some of the bad publicity - and prefer it to easyJet, especially when it comes to punctuality and usually (but not always) fares on routes they compete on.

ryansf
10th Mar 2008, 21:29
After about 15 flights I've flown with Ryanair in the past 8 months, I have to say they've all been fine, and only once delayed, due to bad weather. It's only people who've never flown with them that put them down, and the odd person who has had a problem with them which is rare.

At all the airports I've flown with them at, the priority boarding has been strictly enforced, often with two separate queues. I don't know why it didn't happen at Gatwick :confused:.

And it's been a while since I've been on an easy A319, but on the 737, there is the toilet between the cabin and the FA's, and along with the aircraft noise they might not have heard it, or just thought it was some passengers talking to eachother.