PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

JohnPits
10th Mar 2008, 09:17
Hi all,

Im 23 years old I have just started doing my PPL and want to go on to become an Airline Pilot eventually.

I have been reading lots of threads and other things on the internet about ways in which I can do this and it seems harder than I first thought.

I see schools like CTC, FTE, Cabair advertising all the time about how there training is the best etc etc, but when looking at schools in the US they are so much cheaper for what seems like the same product.

My question is do you get the same qualification as one of these big schools or are the ones in the US missing something??

Kerosine
10th Mar 2008, 12:09
In the US you will receive a license from the FAA (Federal Aviation Authority) not the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority). You cannot use the FAA license in the Uk and vice versa. Bear in mind that getting permanent residency in the US can be tough unless you marry one of em!

Lots of other bits of info can be found on this page:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131649

I know it looks like a mountain of information... it is. The stuff you'll find in there is very useful and will answer a lot of your questions.

ibelieveicanfly
10th Mar 2008, 15:30
Go to the usa for the cheap 100h VFR during 2 months and do the rest for licences in your country.I did this some 12 years ago and I fly in an airline since 10 years.