PDA

View Full Version : Rumours about new handling agents at FAJS

flyboy2
9th Mar 2008, 18:35
Has anyone else heard any rumours about the new handling agents at FAJS?
I think "birdie's " are whispering about possible problems already?
:rolleyes:

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Mar 2008, 19:07
Seemed to be OK apart from a bit of confusion about which gate was in use for a flight last week. Found them very helpful, in fact.

dudleydick
9th Mar 2008, 19:19
Check out this website: www.menziesaviation.com (http://www.menziesaviation.com). They have signed up 25 airlines at FAJS so far. Seems things are going very well.

bushveld
10th Mar 2008, 08:58
Most impressive and professional so far. Well done Menzies!

Ricoffy
10th Mar 2008, 13:15
Bidair is the other one. I know if FACT they have more airlines than menzies. The ramp is a bit of a mess at the moment as it appears as if not all the equipment has arrived. I saw Equity's equipment by the old SAAF hanger.

Romeo E.T.
11th Mar 2008, 08:39
The Equity equipment actually belongs to a "sub-division" of Bidvest, Equity Aviation signed a lease for the equipment until 2011 and are now playing "tit-for-tat" and not returning it before the lease is over........even if it means ROTTING in the sun......apparantly there is some court case on the go over this.

Sea Duck L-16
12th Mar 2008, 12:55
:=heard something about them and a tug and a B727 being smashed...
Believe the plane is written off because the tug jacknifed and ended up creating a new entry into the cargo hold...:\

These incodents happen at around midnight to 2 in the morning so it cant see that there were too many whitnesses... :sad:

Pitty about the 727, nice plane...
:( Feel sorry for the guy who is goin to get the claim...

ARENDIII
14th Mar 2008, 10:35
Yup-looks like it will be scrapped-had a couple of hours on them-that one in particular.

Bozo Nightmare
17th Mar 2008, 09:42
i also had a few flights on that old bird. was the best in the fleet at the time. sad news that it is off the happy hunting ground though

Capt Megathrust
18th Mar 2008, 10:26
So far since Bidvest started the ground handling the problems of late baggage, no tug, no buses continue and the delays are part of our operating day. Frustrating. I will however give this company time to settle in and hope they can get their act together. If this is the best standard they have what will happen in 2010?