PDA

View Full Version : PPL before going to Oxford

speed787
9th Mar 2008, 17:40
Hey all,

I am a PPL (FAA) holder and i am planning to go to OAA, after enquiring, since it is an integrated programme, u still have to pay the full price! So what other options have i got? Is it worth paying extra to join OAA?

bajadj
9th Mar 2008, 18:11
you have the option of modular training at oaa.

9th Mar 2008, 20:02
It's true you can go to OAA with your PPL & complete the rest of your training with them. The first part of the course is 6 months ground school in which you will complete your ATPL's. You can order a brouchure from their website & it outlines this route for you. Good luck!

Stable Ish
9th Mar 2008, 20:39
the cost of your ppl will be a drop in the ocean compared to what you will spend getting to the right hand seat of an airliner - i wouldn't let that influence your decision too much. if you have a shed load of hours that may change things. your extra hours will be of little extra benefit when job hunting after an oaa integrated course.
i don't know much about modular, i'm sure others will comment.

Adios
10th Mar 2008, 08:10
...and if you do some "hood work" while doing your modular hour building, you will need an instructor along, who will log the PIC that you need to get to the 100 hours PIC required for license issue. It's not a bad idea; just be aware of the financial consequences.