PDA

View Full Version : Heading To Accra

obeema
9th Mar 2008, 15:46
Hi Guys ,im heading to Accra any advice for me concerning the city and airport?

desertnomad
10th Mar 2008, 19:50
Easy, no worries !!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

sleeper
11th Mar 2008, 15:01
Can you get a visa for a companion at the airport?

Randver
16th Mar 2008, 21:16
Yes, I believe it cost $100, payable in cash only, takes 10-15 min at the airport.

Alfred Kamara
17th Mar 2008, 06:44
Warlock has it right. Also good indian restaurant if you are from England. Visa on arrival without a problem. As you exit do not taxi there it is very expensive. Take free bus to your hotel on the right or walk to the street and catch taxi. Enjoy ACC sir.

chandlers dad
17th Mar 2008, 13:51
We stayed at the Labadi Beach hotel and it was fair. Actual hotel was descent but not a 5 star by any standards (but its listed as such) but ok. As usual in that part of Africa the internet was up and down. Food was ok but nothing exciting. Be careful on the beach with pan handlers and I would not go out walking at night on the beach.

Enjoyed the time I spent there.

CD

point8four
17th Mar 2008, 17:39
Club beer was better than Star when i was there...

Woof etc
17th Mar 2008, 19:09
Visit the Sports Bar near Nima police Station. Good food, lots of Americans and Europeans, band on Saturdays, movies on Sunday, also have a karaoke and quiz night.

The pool at La Palm Beach hotel is awesome. You can buy daily tickets or a months membership.

Enjoy Accra.

Tim Horton
18th Mar 2008, 18:14
I am heading to Accra then Sunyani for 6 weeks I will be staying
at the Eusbett hotel. Anyone have any reviews on this city and
hotel.

Hogg
18th Mar 2008, 18:41
I stayed very regulary at Cresta Royale hotel, not bad but u never get what u order from the poolguys. Had great time in Jokers nightclub but full of nitefighters looking "to be ya friend".

Monsoon as said before and Mama Mias in town very good.

Beware of possessions everywhere and watch the taxis, all wrecks mainly. Got stopped by armed police with Lee Enfields one night when they decided on a security tax but I whipped my fone out and said Id call de commisioner to ask and we were sent on our way.

Overall nice enough place. Good airport.