PDA

View Full Version : A330

michelda
9th Mar 2008, 13:30
Someone knows why in A330 if you have ENG1 failed and IDG2 lost you have SLAT and FLAPS but if you have ENG2 failed and IDG1 lost you have only flaps?
thanks for answers
D.

Hydroman400
9th Mar 2008, 15:16
well it can't be due to hydraulics, you will still have both flaps and slats available but at half speed.

michelda
9th Mar 2008, 15:35
I' m sured that in one case you have it but notin the other. I don't know why. should be something with elec

Hydroman400
9th Mar 2008, 16:42
need to check could be on early 330s...which 330 are you getting this info from?

Mephistopheles
9th Mar 2008, 16:49
In both cases you have lost both main Gens so unless you have the APU Gen online then you will be getting electrics from the Emerg Gen which can either be supplied directly from the Green hydraulics or from the RAT. Maybe it has something to do with that since the Emerg Gen has a lower capacity when powered by the RAT.

michelda
9th Mar 2008, 16:59
the msn is around 600...

usually when you loose gen you have emerg gen supplied by green hyd because you have the other engine working properly

I try also on sim and it works as paper said:)

Mephistopheles
9th Mar 2008, 19:31
I think that when the Emerg Gen is supplied from the eng hydraulic pumps that both the flap & slat channel is SFCC 1 are powered but when the Emerg Gen is supplied from the RAT then ONLY the slat channel of SFCC is powered. It's in your QRH under "Elec Emerg Config-Sys Remaining"

michelda
9th Mar 2008, 20:20
you are right, but in both cases you have the emerg gen supplied by g hyd.
I don't understand why it works in different manner

michelda
9th Mar 2008, 20:22
I have it on my fcom3 elec emerg conf ck list

michelda
15th Mar 2008, 09:40
there are any news about the object???

thanks
D.

michelda
15th Mar 2008, 09:42
there are any news about object

thanks
D.

Bad to the bones
16th Mar 2008, 09:28
If driven by EDP:
· FLY: PFD1 – A/P1- Pitch trim, ALT law
· NAV: ND1 – FMGC1-WX RDR-RMP1-VOR1
· COM: VHF1-HF1
For APP: when LAND RECOVERY “ON”: -ILS –SFCC Slat and Flap channels are recovered, -DIRECT LAW when Gear Down, - Pedal BRAKES with A/S.
If driven by RAT:
· FLY:PFD1, ALT Law
· NAV: RMP1 – VOR1
· COM: VHF1
For APP: when LAND RECOVERY “ON”:-ILS – SFCC only SLAT channel is recovered,-at SLATS extension the EMERGENCY GEN disconnects, the RAT is used for the flight controls, batteries take over to reduce heavy loads, - DIRECT LAW when gear is extended –Pedal BRAKES without A/S.
IN BOTH CASES THE LANDING GEAR MUST BE EXTENDED BY GRAVITY, AND NOSE WHEEL STEERING IS LOST.

The case that you mention : ENG # 2 EDP will activate the Emergency generator, not the RAT, there fore your case will be the first, you sould have FLAPS and SLATS

michelda
16th Mar 2008, 20:30
thanks for your answer, but I don't understand why in one case I have Rat extention and in the other case not if the failures are the same.:O

Thanks again
D.