PDA

View Full Version : NCL and MME -AMS ??????

Bodjit
8th Mar 2008, 21:29
Hi All,

Maybe the wrong thread for this but trying to book to AMS from North East this summer, only to find KLM as the only operator :uhoh::uhoh:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but surely theres enough capacity from the north of England to arguably Europes biggest hub for more than one operator.....

Bad for North East Pax and smells a little of a monopoly to me... KLM can't have it stiched up that tight surely... Not in both our Airports

Any thoughts anyone

Come on the LCC's WHERE ARE YOU !!!!!

Bodjit

HOODED
8th Mar 2008, 22:13
At LBA doing 2 flights a day alongside KLM and both seem to be doing well on the route. I know LBA is not the North East in your eyes but where else would you place it?

SWBKCB
9th Mar 2008, 08:24
Leeds is 'darn sarf', or if I'm feeling generous the start of the Midlands...

Jet2 has previously done NCL-AMS but pulled off (last year?). Given KLM's hub, anybody competing is mainly going for the point to point leisure traveller, and from NCL the ferry also competes in that market.

Bodjit
10th Mar 2008, 10:54
hi hooded,

Had looked into LBA, Jet2 do indeed go but the times are pretty unsuitable...

Fares are cheap, though that may have something to do with the c**p times. When you factor in parking which wouldn't be reqd at NCL or MME its KLM from NCL then...as its the only choice.

I've surfed and been unable to find any 'cheap' flights cheaper than KLM direct, looks like they have that stitched as well :*.

Oh well heres to free market forces and consumer choice....not ;);). Still the beer n wine in AMS will make up for it...

Bodjit

757 Speedbrakes
10th Mar 2008, 12:12
Come on the LCC's WHERE ARE YOU !!!!!

Jet2 did operate to AMS from NCL last year but unfortunately droppped the route. Which was a shame, as it was often busy during the winter. Albeit, mostly stag parties!! :yuk:

With a spare 737 sitting around during the day throughout the summer, maybe Jet2 would look again at the route but I doubt it.

They're moving away from city routes and if the spare aircraft did anything, it will be the PMI's during the week if the 757 loads are below 130 ish.