PDA

View Full Version : B200

pilotd
8th Mar 2008, 20:44
hi guys does anybody know where i can get a B200 rating asap. Really desperate.

Thanks
pilotd

B74567
9th Mar 2008, 00:01
oops. Wrong site. sorry

Contract Dog
9th Mar 2008, 07:41
you can try simuflight or 43 advanced training, but they will charge you 50 000 rand!!!!!!!! what I would do is find a 200 and an instructor, pay the instructor to do the briefing and go do 2 hrs on the a/c, thats more than enough time on type "if" you will be flying P2 initially. but if you are going dct entry captain, then go the 43 advanced route

Dog

Golf_Seirra
7th Apr 2008, 14:38
As far as I know CAA have scrapped the P2 rating. It's either P1 or bust....check with them first before you pay anyone for a P2 rating. Try FedAir or get hold of Grahame Woodhouse who is a DE thru one of the Virginia training schools and see if he can help....also try AvStar.

Sticky situation....odd that your prospective company can't organise as they must have instructors for line / prof checks.:rolleyes:

I.R.PIRATE
7th Apr 2008, 14:40
Or you can try the bossman of VFS....if you got about 20 hours to spare.:oh::oh:

Propellerpilot
7th Apr 2008, 20:41
I am also really interested to get this rating really soon. Suppose to get a Combo rating with the 1900 is not a bad idea but maybe a tad too expensive.

Know for a fact from a reputable source, that 43s ground school did not produce good fruits-when asked vital questions during the practical test by this DE, they couldn't get half of them right. I got a quote of R72000 for the combo rating - that is a hell a lot of mula. I just checked their website again - outdated and not maintained since I checked months ago - just gives me an unprofessional impression and a sour feeling in my stomach.

Let's get a few people together, do the ground course with someone who is really good and hire an aircraft someplace that is keen - then we might save a couple of those Rands... we are already 2 here in Nam - we'd come to Joburg if we can find 3 or 4 others to join in. Want to get it done before end of June, cause that’s when my renewals are due... PM me if you want.

And if there is someone that can say something different from my criticism above, would be much appreciated - maybe it is worth a second thought.

razorback
7th Apr 2008, 22:30
Hell, pilotd, make up your mind. Looking at your previous posts, you are really like a cat on a hot stove plate. Jumping around quite a lot. Anyway, go do the combo rating at 43AT, they are not bad. Having a 1900 rating as well will give you a lot more scope. Good luck

Malagant
8th Apr 2008, 19:30
If it`s the DE I am thinking about then even if you been to NASA ground school you won`t have all the answers..but 43 and a bit of sim will help before you get on the machine..

sahil kaul
9th May 2008, 10:43
u can try it in US ....flight safety international

dr27
9th May 2008, 12:33
Hillbrow, quick and hassle free