PDA

View Full Version : Tanzania and Zanzibar

sispanys ria
7th Mar 2008, 17:54
Hi,

I would appreciate to find general informations regarding operating private and commercial flights out of Tanzania (probably Zanzibar), and maintenance facilities in the area.
Any contact would be warmly welcome.
Many thanks.

Karim

CJ750
7th Mar 2008, 18:15
I might be wrong but i think you have to be locally registered and based to operate commercially. The last on private was you could operate privately in and out of tanzania but had use local when going internally. Might have changed since i was last there.

Maintenance - cannot help you.

Zenj
8th Mar 2008, 08:37
Explain exactly what type of service and schedule that you intend to do in and out of Tanzania.

Mind you in Aviation , Zanzibar is part of Union matter and under one regulation.

TCAA has all regulations on its site , worth a visit

www.tcaa.go.tz

Zenj

sispanys ria
8th Mar 2008, 15:12
Thank you for the link, very useful and complete.
I'm considering setting up commercial operations of a single turboprop for a client in the hotel industry, and I'm evaluating the feasibility and potential partnership with local operators.

My questions are:
Is there any part 66 maintenance facilities ?
How long is it allowed to operate with foreign registration ?
Is there already some existing connections between Zanzibar and some national parks ?

Karim

Africrash
8th Mar 2008, 17:15
Hi,

Answering the questions in the wrong order, but......

Yes there are already connections between Zanzibar and the more popular National parks and Game reserves, both in the north and south of Tanzania, Daily flights link to the southern circuit via Dar es Salaam and to the north via Arusha, several operators on both sides.

As far as I am aware you would have to be on the Tanzanian register and a Tanzanian Air Service License to operate internally in Tanzania, but could operate from outside in to either Zanzibar or Dar ok, Also for foreign registered planes on Charters etc the navigation and landing charges are very high.

Part 66 maintenance I dont know about but I suspect not, many Tanzanian operators go to Nairobi for maintenance anyway.

Best

Crash

Zenj
8th Mar 2008, 17:45
Karim

Please check your PM

Zenj