PDA

View Full Version : VK sends 6 nigerian pilots to the US

babybuttom
7th Mar 2008, 09:05
hello pilots,

i must confess i'm a total greenhorn in this business...better still i'm not yet in the business...!

i bumped into this publication in the daily trust newspaper of 03/mar/08.

Virgin nigeria sends 6 nigerian pilots to the US

and instantly i got curious...is this a social responsibilty stunt by the airline considering its current tribulations with the govt or is this for real?:confused:

please i'd love to get proof on its originality and also i hear the lucky :mad: are actually Virgin staff???

wow...the future will be bright and easy for virgin if it's really true!!!

whitedove2
7th Mar 2008, 17:33
You better believe it's for real, and this project had started long before the issue of trying to forcefully relocate VK ops from the international terminal.
Most of the lucky chaps were selected from the flight attendants' rank after scaling through very stringent assessment and evaluation tests.
I believe the # is actually 10, and this is only the first batch.
The rationale behind this has to do with the large order of embraer jets placed by VK, with 1st deliveries scheduled for September this year, coupled with crew shortage in Nigeria and these guys will get to be type-rated on this new generation (fly by wire, brake by wire etc.) aircrafts.

Alfred Kamara
9th Mar 2008, 04:06
Not only " flight attendants" some of us are " normal" pilots and not back seat drivers. :=