PDA

View Full Version : TO wait or not to

EjetSetter
4th Mar 2008, 16:14
Well I was turned down by all the airlines that are a paid TR with a bond, don't want FR? Should I continue being a CFI or write to the airlines and ask if they could bond me even if its not listed?

I refuse to pay for me TR, waist of money and time.

EjetSetter
4th Mar 2008, 20:30
I guess what I'm asking is the likelihood of asking a airline to bond me and they pay for the TR even though online it's listed that they don't?

Polorutz
4th Mar 2008, 20:41
if they're listed that they dont bond for the TR then I don't think they will make any exceptions unless you yourself are an exception IE: Senior first officer with a lot of experience on other type etc...

zakka
5th Mar 2008, 09:17
Continue as a CFI, and keep applying. You are in the lucky situation that you are living in the U.S. there are loads of jobs in minor companies where you might get in as an SIC on a King Air or equivalent. Getting a bit more multi time and maybe even turbine will definitely help you.

WMB
5th Mar 2008, 14:04
Do you want a job in the US or Europe? If Europe are you FAA or JAA?

EjetSetter
6th Mar 2008, 14:37
I'm both actually.

zakka
8th Mar 2008, 20:21
You don't get hired by the airlines in the States with 250 hrs - that is only in Europe where people pay for typerating and join the airline straight after school. The U.S. model is much better (And safer, I would rather fly with as a pax with an experienced pilot). You need at least 1000 total with a 100 multi to get hired by the regionals - a few regionals have lowered it to 600 hrs though

ocd1978
9th Mar 2008, 09:12
Hello Everybody!
I am in a quite similar situation. I just finished my conversion in Europe. Before that I was working as a CFI in the states. Now I really don’t know what to do, my J1 visa expires in 6 months. Should I go back to the states and instruct or stay in Europe and try to find a job here.
I just feel that I have done my thing there. The good thing about the school in the US is that we fly 80% ME. Any suggestions?!
Cheers OCD