PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL Theory

Captain Vek
4th Mar 2008, 11:08
Where is the best place to get a good set of teaching notes on the atpl syallbus?

74world
4th Mar 2008, 11:31
Hi Captain Vek,

I confirm, Bristol is the BEST!!!!! I did their distance learning course and passed all the exams the first time, I did not really study that much but the worse score was 86%.

Keep in mind that I also joined the Question bank, www.ATPONLINE.GS , for info they are the EXACT exams questions...... :cool:

I know 2 guys that did study ONLY the questions and passed.....

Good luck
Cheers :)

deltaxray
4th Mar 2008, 12:47
www.wiljam.com (http://www.wiljam.com) Also has alot of useful notes on each subject. Its free to study from it but you have to pay to do the exam papers.

dm11
4th Mar 2008, 14:01
Yeah ive got exams in april, been told if i do the question bank i will see 70% off the questions, cant believe it, but we will see. Any feedback from others on this subject would be great

hollingworthp
4th Mar 2008, 15:07
Be careful with just hitting feedback, todays OPS exam would only get you 70-74% with Bristol as there were 14-15 new questions in there out of 50 :(

dm11
4th Mar 2008, 15:15
70-74% is pretty good for feedback. hows feedback on principles of flight cos that looks like a tough one

Whirlygig
4th Mar 2008, 15:52
All the pilot supplies shops will sell either Oxford or Jeppesen (Atlantic Flight Training) notes. You can also pick up second-hand ones on fleabay.

However, bear in mind that unless you have some dispensation (i.e. thousands of hours on an ICAO licence), you need to formally enrol on an ATPL course, in which case you'd be given the manuals anyway.

Cheers

Whirls

bajadj
4th Mar 2008, 16:07
on the other side of the coin, in todays instruments paper i would suggest 54 out of 56 were in the current bristol v2 database. wasn't anywhere near that high for PoF yesterday though. I completely agree with previous posts saying don't rely on the database, could i also add that one shouldn't rely on just the books either. Speaking from personal experience (ie right now) some of the oxford books do not come close to preparing you for the exams, so a combination of the books and q-banks (bristol NOT oxcel) will get you through.

hollingworthp
4th Mar 2008, 17:36
Definetely agree that Oxcel is nowhere near as good as Bristol yet in terms of how close Bristol is to the actual CQB in use. In Phase 1 I bucked the trend and purely used Oxcel (one of the first to do such a thing I believe) and there were several questions which came up (particularly in Met) that my course colleagues had seen on Bristol that I had not and I am sure I got those wrong. That said, I averaged 96% so Oxcel aint all that bad ;)