PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Low Intensity RFFS Requirements

FC1
3rd Mar 2008, 09:16
On Friday I received a fax from a client informing me that the CAA SRG Flt Ops (Helicopters) has increased the amount of RFFS complimentary media required for H2 low-intensity operations significantly by 100% from 23kgs to 45kgs. The fax also intimated that the CAA are reviewing the amount of RFFS to be provided for H1 low-intensity and pleasure flying operations, again with a view to increasing the amounts to be carried by operators or their service providers. These changes will shortly be promulgated through CAP768 but regarding H2 have come into immediate effect.

This follows on from FODCOM 24/2005, in which the CAA rescinded the dispensation that allowed S76 operators the option of providing H1 media quantities for low-intensity operations on advise from the CAA Legal Dept.

I am concerned that these changes could be the start of the CAA removing long established low-intensity RFFS levels leaving only the STANDARD (temporary licensed and licensed aerodrome / heliports) RFFS levels to be complied with in line with CAP168.

As a leading independent RFFS and ground support service provider serving the UK industry with two main clients operating S76’s I would be interested in the industries views regarding this latest gem from the Authority and how, or indeed if, you see this affecting the services you offer your clients.