PDA

View Full Version : Night flying... help needed...

getoffmycloud
2nd Mar 2008, 17:34
Evening all... a bit of advice would be appreciated.

I need to get 5 full stop landings completed to get a night rating issued (I have the night hours but short the landings!)

My question is does I live in London and would like to get these done asap. Can anyone suggest a school somewhere fairly easy to get to that might be able get these done pretty quickly?? (I am really limited to flying at weekends at them moment and I know a lot of airfields close at 5ish!)

Many thanks for any suggestions.:ok:

GOMC

Laroussi
2nd Mar 2008, 17:49
You can try Firecrest at Elstree. I think they do night flying every Tuesdays and Thursdays. Best check with them to confirm.

fanda78
2nd Mar 2008, 19:17
check Andrewsfield.com - very friendly bunch of people and CFI Carol Cooper is the best one in the country AOPA award 2007
btw: the prices are one of the lowest around London as far as I know...

SkyCamMK
2nd Mar 2008, 20:37
What's the hurry you will not really need it until next September? In the old days you could fly at Luton and Coventry but times change. The hours still count, refresh next season unless you have to get one for a CPL or something. Did you plan to start too late to complete or did a school convince you to start knowing the weather is usually poor in winter and needed the hours training?

Grass strip basher
3rd Mar 2008, 06:51
You need it to start a CPL which is probably the issue

lissy
3rd Mar 2008, 08:30
stapleford are good. flysfc.com

final2land
17th Mar 2008, 01:31
just to clarify - don't need it to start a CPL but you need it for CPL licence issue