PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lankan A330/340 European Bases

Sitting Bull
2nd Mar 2008, 17:22
Good evening gentlemen

Anyone out there with any info on Sri Lankanīs recruitment efforts for the advertised CDG/LHR/FRA bases?

Was contacted several times in the beginning but quiet since...

Thanks

LOVE UL
27th Mar 2008, 18:16
Dont believe this, This is just another joke from our joking management. There are four jokers and starting from the Biggest Joker SMFO. Better known as EK managements servant boy.. Dont ever trust this dude. He will sell his mother to stay in that seat.
Ask anyone.
:=

sharuk khan
13th Apr 2008, 16:34
Well like I said before LOVE UL actually HATES UL. I guess all know that by now....anyway with the severe shortage at UL the Management is looking at basing stations and are still in the process of working it out. I'm told that it would be available for all pilots who have residency outside Sri Lanka, so some locals are interested too...people who have aussie residency etc.
Talk to the HR guys who are still working on this, if I do get more info shall pass it on.
Basically they are looking at utilization in their network and send you back for your 8 off days to designated base. The salary was going to be slightly low compared to the Srilankan based crew.

LOVE UL
13th Apr 2008, 20:32
Mr Khan. I guess you must be one of those dudes who have put UL into this situation. Didn't we tell you this was going to happen. All of us did. Being honest, did not expect it to come so so soon. See the resignations in April 08 (All from the horses mouth). Must be for the love of the management.

Where have all the pilots gone?.:{

THIS HAPPENDS WHEN YOU HAVE DISHONEST PEOPLE RUNNING THE SHOW.

CANT BE LUCKY ALL THE TIME.:=

LOVE UL
14th Apr 2008, 06:13
Hey Mr Khan just check this one out. Doesn't this prove it all. Are you in it too?.

SUNDAY TIMES 13TH APRIL 2008.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/080413/News/news006.html

:eek:

coolguy
15th Apr 2008, 10:34
eventually i got to know UL 501 got in this time wit all his efforts to prove that UL is only for big wigzzzzzzz...

thats y we dont see him here these days,,,,,

coolyyyyyyyyyyyy

FlyMeToTheStars
16th Apr 2008, 10:29
Errr wasn't UL501 banned for bad mouthing everybody in Sri Lankan airlines.......:suspect:

FlyMeToTheStars
26th Apr 2008, 11:42
Here we go.....Sri Lankan pilots on strike today :eek:

17L
26th Apr 2008, 12:02
In less than a month after EK pulled out ! everything seems to be going horribly wrong.

EKULfreqflyer
27th Apr 2008, 03:52
Hello Guys,

I think its the begining of the end for UL.... I mean wht can the govt do??? They started up Mihin Lanka and look at its state now?? The govt. Blamed EK for taking all the rights and landing slots at LHR, ZRH etc...talk to anybody in Sri Lanka and they accuse EK, but put all those armchair CEO's to run the airline and I bet it wont last a month.. Like in this case.. and finally pulled up sum bs with Peter Hill For not allocating 35 seats for bunch of jokers. Good thing that EK pulled out and stated ignoring these jokers and their "National Airline".... their cadet pilot program is a joke... My buddy applied 5 times and he made a 90 or better on those exams and they still did not accept him. but those who had contacts who failed the exam got in.. Another Thamil friend of mine got rejected because he was Thamil... Question is How long will UL last like this with oil prices sky rocketing, cabins not upgraded for almost a decade, civil war in SL, A failing SL economy and ppl even having a hard time to buy food? think abt the Mihin Lanka senario... God save UL..

Palmtreesss
6th Jul 2008, 16:09
With all the dramatic changes at SriLankan over the last couple of months, do they still recruit people for european basings?
I've got all the requirements for aircraft type and would be interrested in joining the company if they post me in Europe.
Can anyone shed more light on the subject eg. number of crews required, salary, benefits etc.
Many thanks:ok:

captslk
14th Jul 2008, 14:02
Right now, no one knows whats gonna happen. Even the management. With the little I know, UL might join up with Mihin Lanka.

Thats about it.

Europe bases with Srilankan, just keeping dreaming.
:confused: