PDA

View Full Version : TAM Brasil

Saturn
2nd Mar 2008, 06:55
Are they hiring and will they hire non Brasilians? Any TAM pilot's please PM me if you can.

Broomstick Flier
4th Mar 2008, 14:51
Saturn,

Please note that Brazilian Air Law forbids local airlines from hiring non-Brazilian nationals as pilots.

Cheers

BF

alemaobaiano
4th Mar 2008, 16:00
Saturn

Yes they are hiring, but not in large numbers and mostly FOs for domestic operations. There will probably be some increase in numbers later in the year, but again, from what I hear it will be at the FO entry level. Salaries at the level are pretty poor.

Promotions to the new widebodies will mostly be from within.

And as BF says, you need to be a Brazilian national to get a job with the airlines here, as well as having fluent Portuguese.

TTFN

Saturn
5th Mar 2008, 03:12
Thank you for the info

Guam360
23rd Mar 2008, 02:13
What about being married to a Brazilian? Is it possible to work there?

cheers

varigflier
26th Mar 2008, 01:12
If you marry a Brazilian then yes, you can fly here.

alemaobaiano
26th Mar 2008, 09:56
Are you sure about that? It's my understanding that only Brazilian nationals can fly commercially. Being married doesn't automatically confer nationality, but obviously a pilot could become naturalised, a process that takes several years.

ab

varigflier
28th Mar 2008, 03:32
Yes, if you becmome nationalized you can fly. I don't know how the process works out but being nationalized allows you to fly.

pierrefridez
7th Apr 2008, 13:20
I believe it takes 5 years after marriage to apply for naturalization. Should be resident during these 5 years.

rodmiller
1st May 2008, 18:47
G'day Mate,

Just wondering if you know weather or not an australian is able to fly in the general aviation industry in brazil, say charter work, without being a brazilian national.....im married to a brazilian.

thanks in advance

rod

SonnyCrockett
27th Jul 2008, 14:22
R-

When are you getting out of TAM and heading EAST?

R-
"the other R"

varigflier
9th Aug 2008, 05:08
Soon, very soon..........