PDA

View Full Version : Annoying passengers and laptop privacy

BelArgUSA
1st Mar 2008, 10:54
Why is it that when I use my laptop, the people next to me attempt to see. or read what is on the screen.
xxx
Do they need to know what I type to publish on Pprune after landing...?
Do they enjoy the diagram of the 747-200 hydraulic system...?
Do they hope I will have nude pictures of underage kids...?
So - revenge yourself...
xxx
1. Quietly and calmly remove your laptop from its case...
2. Open your tablet, and open your laptop...
3. Turn it ON...
4. Make sure these guys can see the screen...
5. Close you eyes and tilt you head up to the ceiling...
6. Open the link at the bottom...
7. Repeat loudly "Insh'Allah, andilallah, shway shway"...
xxx
www.thecleverest.com/countdown.swf
xxx
:E
Happy contrails

Avman
1st Mar 2008, 11:15
LOL, but it's an old one BelArgUSA. Been doing the rounds for months. You must learn to keep up with the times ;)

BelArgUSA
1st Mar 2008, 11:30
I live in the third world, Avman... we are years behind...
:)
Happy contrails

Final 3 Greens
1st Mar 2008, 11:34
That's really funny.

You must try that with the TSA next time you pass through the US and they ask you to show them that your laptop works.

I'm sure they'd appreciate that one.

Shack37
1st Mar 2008, 16:29
I thought I had a sense of humour for all sorts but I can't see much to laugh about in that. Could be of course that you're intruding into your neighbour's space with your laptop?
s37

Put1992
1st Mar 2008, 18:07
Has anyone actually done that?

nebpor
1st Mar 2008, 21:26
If you want privacy then use your laptop in a private place - using it in public makes it fairgame for the public to see what you're doing.

I'll always look at someone's laptop if they're sitting next to me - call it business intelligence, might be something interesting that I can pick up ... and it usually is.

Incidentally I'm an information security expert - I'd advise you to buy some good privacy film - makes the laptop screen unreadable unless you're looking straight at the screen - will get by your concern.

Till then, as we say in Scotland, dry yer eyes :ok:

Mark in CA
1st Mar 2008, 23:27
Oh, you'll gets lots of privacy that way, in solitary confinement when they lock you up after you land. Some guy on Southwest got into a load of trouble the other day for joking to another passenger about a bomb in his luggage. Caused the whole terminal at LAX to shut down for a couple hours.

http://www.presstelegram.com/ci_8291292

Garethbmw
2nd Mar 2008, 07:28
Its called curiosity, Its our need to investigate and gain as much knowledge as possible in order to invent or improve. Its whats brought about human development to where it is today,such as flight and computers.
If ever i am sat on an aircraft and the person sat next to me started chanting in arabic with a countdown running on his laptop,I can promise you this, he would have a floppy neck before the countdown fininshed.

Avman
2nd Mar 2008, 08:35
See what you've done now BelArgUSA! You've woken up all the chronically serious people who don't :ugh: understand the concept of a JOKE. ;)

Shack37
2nd Mar 2008, 08:47
Where's the joke?????

Bushfiva
2nd Mar 2008, 12:50
Dear moron, use a 3m privacy filter. That way, you get the privacy you desperately need on your economy flight, and we don't need to hear about your hysterical in-flight antics.