PDA

View Full Version : A320 amber EFOB msg in cruise...

IFLY_INDIGO
1st Mar 2008, 01:53
My airline is very strict on fuel policy and requires PIC to give an explanation in case of uplifting extra fuel besides the minimum required fuel. many a times it had happened that during holding at takeoff point, I ended up eating taxi fuel provided + a bit of 30 min holding fuel at alternnate. I know my takeoffs in such cases were illegal, but the amber EFOB msg on ground vanishes after takeoff as contingency fuel adds up and I get extra time of 2-3 min. Since I got my command on A320, I have been trying to figure out the best course of action (legal & practical), in case amber EFOB msg remains or pops up again after takeoff or in cruise .. changing the alternate to a closer one is one option, but suppose that option is not available to you in this scenario. what would be right course of action? turn back, declare fuel emergency, request priority landing, keep quite, land in middle of the route and pick extra fuel ?????????

in case of fuel leak scenario, I think amber EFOB msg in FMGS on fuel page would be the first indication to pilot... won't it be????

cheers..