PDA

View Full Version : BT Military

PPRuNeUser0211
29th Feb 2008, 19:35
Anyone have a contact number for BT Military? Tried google and the website to no avail!

Spacer
29th Feb 2008, 19:54
Try 0800 328 9625. They only work a standard working week though. I've found them very good.

Something witty
29th Feb 2008, 21:33
BT as in British Telecom.... or am I being very thick?!

...mate had a run in with BT over internet connection, he understood that BT had a special deal for forces pers that enabled a contract to be suspended and / or moved around the country without incurring the usual penalties - when the time came BT said they'd promised nothing of the sort!

... so if it is as above, read the small print v carefuly. Great shame BT can't see fit to run such an arrangment, wouldn't cost them much and would definatly catch them the many that get shifted base-base too frequently for a standard contract...

... if not as above then appologies for thread creep!

BYALPHAINDIA
29th Feb 2008, 21:38
BT = B*llocks of Trust.

You instruct one thing, They do another.:=:*

Spacer
29th Feb 2008, 21:46
They used to have special deals for the Forces. Last summer they changed T&Cs and now everyone is in the same boat, so to speak.

Dan D'air
1st Mar 2008, 08:42
They used to have special deals for the Forces. Last summer they changed T&Cs and now everyone is in the same boat, so to speak.

If it's a CVN then you could just about fit what's left of HMF onto it.

Beatriz Fontana
1st Mar 2008, 09:14
I'm not entirely sure whether you still can, but a couple of years ago I remember dialling the standard 100 number and asking for (and being put through to) the military switchboard.

Depends upon your specific enquiry otherwise you will be chasing your tail all day.

Spam_UK
2nd Mar 2008, 10:00
BT Military do offer deals outside of the UK.

I.E If you are posted overseas before your contract is up then they can stop that with no charge. And as I found out, sometimes, if you moan and badger enough, you can confuse them into letting the same rules apply if you are posted within the UK.

If you have there number though, I'd always phone that, because they're alot more helpful and there's not normally any queues.

Spam

Spacer
3rd Mar 2008, 11:16
I believe so. I was told last summer that the 3 month min was now gone, and it was "civvy rules", which if I remember correctly was a 6 month/1 year min on all lines, regardless of previous status. But, as with many things, I may be mistaken :)

Whizzwheel
16th Jul 2010, 12:59
Just used the number and they couldn't have been more helpful. All sorted in a couple of minutes...if only everything was that easy during a removal!

matelo99
23rd Apr 2013, 15:40
Just used this service (using number that was posted earlier). I got 6 months free broadband, connection fee waived and a real English speaking lady on the end of a phone line who answered within 2 rings.

Hopefully this new job will be as easy.

DKP1
4th Sep 2014, 08:24
Still works - although not that helpful anymore!!
We know you have moved out and dont yet know where your new accn is but we cannot suspend your account - So basically whoever moves into my previous SSSA can run up a BT bill that I am liable to pay! Great - oh unless I want to stop the account with a nice £100 cancellation fee + remaining line rental!

Al R
4th Sep 2014, 08:46
If you have a problem, these are the contact details of a senior(ish) manager.

Gary Wilson, Consumer Platinum & Actionline Manager | BT Consumer.
Tel: 01324457935 | Mob: 07435 766990 | E:mail [email protected] ([email protected]) | www.bt.com (http://www.bt.com/)

The Chief Exec, bizarrely, does monitor his own account too and will help (at least initially).

[email protected]