PDA

View Full Version : SEP CPL to MEP CPL ?????????????

mustflywillfly
29th Feb 2008, 09:23
Dear All,

On completion of a SEP CPL what further training is required to qualify for a MEP CPL?

Would I have to undertake a complete CPL course again or just fork out for the MEP Rating?

Prior to the IR I know I would have to do the MEP rating anyway to get the ME IR.

The reason I am doing a SEP CPL first is that finances are tight and I am planning on working as a FI for a year before undertaking the IR.

Thanks for your help, I know it is prob in LASORS but I am at work at the mo and the antiquated MOD computer doesn't want to download the PDF file.

Many Thanks

MFWF :ok:

Parson
29th Feb 2008, 09:56
CPL = license, MEP = rating. The two are mutually exclusive, though you can do the CPL on an ME a/craft - the reason people sometimes do this is to build multi hours.

So to answer your question, once you have the CPL, it is for life. Using it on an MEP a/craft requires the addition of an MEP rating (though there are other hours requirements to fulfill as well for payment etc).

MIKECR
29th Feb 2008, 10:09
A CPL is a licence. A MEP is a rating. You add ratings to a licence. There is no such thing as an SE CPL or an MEP CPL. You can do your CPL on whichever, it makes no odds. You still walk out with the same licence at the other end.

mustflywillfly
29th Feb 2008, 10:31
Chaps,

Many thanks. I suspected as much, nice to have it confirmed. Winner!

MFWF :ok: