PDA

View Full Version : Privium

Aksai Oiler
28th Feb 2008, 15:41
I have just received a letter from Schiphol's Privium threatening to take me to a debt collecting agency for not paying my dues & another letter from then telling me that my membership is blocked because I have not been to Schiphol to get my eyes rescanned to change my card which expired in October 2007. :ugh:

I have contacted Privium by phone and explained that if I cannot utilise my card, because it has expired and I need to travel to Schiphol to collect the new card (which I have/had no plans to), then why should I pay for membership when they cannot give me a service. In the UK it is normal when a membership lapses then that's it; according to Privium they can charge regardless, unless I tell them I want to cease my membership. Has anyone out there had any problems with Privium & how did you resolve. I have no intention of paying them whilst they cannot provide a service.

regards

Oiler

mutt
28th Feb 2008, 16:29
Did you read the small print before you signed?
9. Duration and termination
9.1 The Privium Participation Agreement is concluded for an unlimited
period of time. Either party shall have the right to terminate the Privium
Participation Agreement in writing as of 1 October with due observance of
a notice period of two months.

Mutt

Aksai Oiler
28th Feb 2008, 17:25
I signed when the programme started, hence I don't remember. However, my point is that they cannot even provide me the service.

hellsbrink
28th Feb 2008, 17:58
When were you supposed to pay them?

Ya see, the crux of the matter is that you agreed to these terms and they are within their rights to enforce them.

Will have a hunt around webland to see if I find anything, there might be a way out of it.