PDA

View Full Version : Foreign License Verification to DGCA

VGOIII
28th Feb 2008, 14:38
I wonder if anyone could advise me on any of the following. I want to Instruct for the PPL in India, at the Bombay Flying club in either their base in Juhu or Baroda. I have an FAA CPL MEIR and a JAA FI.

One of the stages I need to go through is to get those foreign licenses verified by the DGCA. I cannot find on the DGCA website how to apply for the foreign license verification. Does anyone know how to do this?

Secondly, there are conflicting stories about whether or not I can actually fly and instruct for a period of time on just my foreign licenses once verified, or whether I need to sit the papers and convert them to get the DGCA licenses. Does anyone know what the story is here?

Lastly, one of the requirements stated for getting an Indian CPL is that you have reached 10 + 2 higher education in Maths and Physics. Does this apply to a foreigner that has a CPL already and just wants to convert it? I'm not sure that I actually have the UK equvilient of 10 + 2.

Your knowledge and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

HiAltFlyer
8th Mar 2008, 06:44
I went to the FAA website, requested verification of my ratings, printed it out and my company filed the application. Together we went to the DGCA. They looked at my license, medical, and FAA letter and done.
Good luck